What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS Exception Just Posted?!?!

ipad64gb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhh the wait is killing me! Mine shows my home town , IN, US 03/31/2010 9:00 A.M. UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY Its 3/30 11:32 PM what the!?!?!?

ipad64gb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahhh the wait is killing me! Mine shows my home town , IN, US 03/31/2010 9:00 A.M. UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY Its 3/30 11:32 PM what the!?!?!?

BTW my home town is NOT a dist center so I don't know if that matters

buyrihn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like they got rid of all the internal messages, these usually create problems anyway. Mines in Alaska now and will probably show back up tomorrow in KY or another major hub.

Mine was never in KY, and I never had an exception—it went directly to AK from China. Was yours a different situation? I'm just trying to figure out if I'm still looking to go to a different hub, or is the next city I am going to see, is my distribution center closest to me.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked mine and it is only 5 miles from me now. Or should I say it will be in 10 hours :confused:. Also my status is Exception again with "UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY" the reason.

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's not true. It doesn't say that the iPad got scanned at your location, only that there is an "Internal Activity" going on there, most likely a meeting in the morning for UPS drivers.

JCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, looks like our shipment is in New York now... same state as my physical being. I hope none of the UPS guys are dying for one of these.

buyrihn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked mine and it is only 5 miles from me now. Or should I say it will be in 10 hours :confused:. Also my status is Exception again with "UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY" the reason.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing—UPS are like online seers. I'm now showing 3/31 as the scan day (it's still the 30th), and a time of 9am (it's 11pm on the 30th). Does the future iPad have multitasking? :p

psg1107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine has gone backward. used to say in Louisville, and my home town, and now just says china....BUT we talked with UPS today, my company has an account, and they assured us it will be delivered Saturday, even though there is no regualar Saturday Delivery in my area. I would thinkt that this will probably be true for most.

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is really confusing:

GUANGZHOU, CN 04/01/2010 10:32 A.M. EXPORT SCAN

SHENZHEN, CN
04/01/2010 5:39 A.M. THE SERVICE SELECTED IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE DESTINATION ADDRESS /
DOWNGRADED, FORWARDED TO CONSIGNEE, SELECTED SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE

SHENZHEN, CN
03/30/2010 2:51 A.M. ORIGIN SCAN

CN
04/01/2010 4:18 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Last edited:

shadownmss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got this message:

HENZHEN, CN 04/01/2010 10:52 P.M. THE SERVICE SELECTED IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE DESTINATION ADDRESS / DOWNGRADED, FORWARDED TO CONSIGNEE, SELECTED SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE
ANCHORAGE, AK, US 04/01/2010 5:40 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
CHEK LAP KOK, HK 04/01/2010 1:22 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
SHENZHEN, CN 03/30/2010 9:48 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
CN 04/01/2010 3:56 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
Tracking results provided by UPS: 04/01/2010 12:26 P.M. ET

I called UPS and they told me that since I have Saturday delivery that I will get my iPad on Saturday. They just did not know what time. They also stated that these special delivery scenarios generate different messages in their system that make it look like a shipping issue.

Last edited:

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I do not know what to think.
I just got an e-mail from Apple stating that Saturday delivery is not available in my area and my package will be delivered on Monday.
When I called UPS to see about re-routing it, she looked it up and said they had special arrangements for Saturday deliveries and that I would definitely get it Saturday.
I guess I will just have to wait and see.
Can you say - sick day on Monday?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same scenario, Apple assures me it will be delivered when I speak to them on the phone, then I get e-mail updates that say it will be Monday.

I think it just comes down to it being a very poor idea to release on a Saturday. I would have had no problem having it delivered to my office.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same scenario, Apple assures me it will be delivered when I speak to them on the phone, then I get e-mail updates that say it will be Monday.

I think it just comes down to it being a very poor idea to release on a Saturday. I would have had no problem having it delivered to my office.

WTF --- Something weird going on. I arranged to pick mine up Saturday at my local UPS store. The UPS store just called me to tell me UPS can not deliver my package to the store based on contract with Apple and i will have to depend on the delivery from UPS.. So I call UPS again and they say no Saturday deliveries for my area and next business day apples.. Some of you are saying UPS will deliver US wide and some you of are stating the same as I... This is crazy...

Most reactions

Latest posts