What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS Exception Just Posted?!?!

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like there is progress. Mine tracking info now contains this information:

LOUISVILLE, KY, US 03/30/2010 4:29 P.M.

BROKERAGE RELEASED SHIPMENT. SHIPMENT IS SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY FOR FURTHER CLEARANCE

Mine says that... but then right after that it says it has "arrived" in Anchorage, Alaska.

JCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine showed shipped from China 2 days ago, then yesterday, it appeared to be in Kentucky for a while, now Kentucky is no longer there and it shows shipped from China again. I have the exception as well -- but so does everybody! Hey, it can come from the depths of hell, as long as it arrives Saturday.

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everyone needs to chill out, UPS tracking is notorious for these vague and infuriating messages. This is a big deal for Apple and UPS, they know how big a deal this thing is. Just be patient. We've been waiting since January 27th, surely a few more days won't hurt.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good advice LMControl. I believe everyone that pre-ordered and was promised a 4/3 delivery will get them this Saturday (and not before). I could be wrong, but based on passed experience with Apple, I don't think I am.

psg1107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
03/30/20109:22 P.M.THE SERVICE SELECTED IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE DESTINATION ADDRESS / DOWNGRADED, FORWARDED TO CONSIGNEE, SELECTED SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE

Here is my message. Can anyone interperate it. Do forwarded to Consignee mean sent back to Apple?

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My tracking has been updated. The tracking line that showed it in KY has been removed. IOW, it only shows the tracking info from China. Also status is now in transit (not exception) :confused:. I wonder if they removed it to reduce calls asking "What does exception mean?" :).

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
03/30/20109:22 P.M.THE SERVICE SELECTED IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE DESTINATION ADDRESS / DOWNGRADED, FORWARDED TO CONSIGNEE, SELECTED SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE

Here is my message. Can anyone interperate it. Do forwarded to Consignee mean sent back to Apple?

No, you are the Consignee.

What it's probably referring to is that the service selected, in this case Saturday Delivery, is not available to your address. You will probably get it on Monday.

buyrihn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine showed shipped from China 2 days ago, then yesterday, it appeared to be in Kentucky for a while, now Kentucky is no longer there and it shows shipped from China again. I have the exception as well -- but so does everybody! Hey, it can come from the depths of hell, as long as it arrives Saturday.

I don't have an exception. Mine shows that it's here in the states, but is FAR, far north—Anchorage, Alaska. Got there at 1:01PM today, as a matter of fact. Do most people have that exception?

ChileRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mines up north with buyrhin's, no delivery date shown, but my UPS driver said they DO deliver HERE on saturdays, but it's a different crew.

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like they got rid of all the internal messages, these usually create problems anyway. Mines in Alaska now and will probably show back up tomorrow in KY or another major hub.

prov1ml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my latest update and has been changed to 'Exception'..... Pierre is the distribution center for where I live. What's going on?!?

PIERRE, SD, US 03/31/2010 9:00 A.M. UPS INTERNAL ACTIVITY

rwsimon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My latest update also lists my closest UPS distribution center. Even better, the scan time is 10 hours in the future, which is quite an impressive feat.

At least they are giving us entertainment while we wait for the Saturday deliveries. I wonder how many more nonsensical updates will appear on the tracking site before then.

Most reactions