What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPS delivery - YIKES!

herbminke3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got off of a three way call with a management rep from Apple and an international shipping management representative for UPS. I started calling because the current online tracing information has the package no where near my area.

It seems Apple thinks they have sent my IPad for Saturday delivery and UPS says no its scheduled for Monday as Apple requested. It was scary to hear these to management level representations discuss who was right. Apple kept saying on the call it would be there Saturday, and UPS kept saying No, Apple contracted with UPS for Monday. I hope this only my problem and not a bigger problem. I leave very early Sunday for a week long vacation. So it it shows up Monday - I am screwed!

I have Saturday UPS delivery in my area. It seems there is a very high level conversation going on about what Apple has really told UPS to do and that notifications of special handling really mean. Interestingly the UPS rep also indicated that some were some shipments flagged for Friday delivery. I assume that is either the Apple and Best Buy deliveries.

Stay tuned.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I won't get mine until Monday either since my town does not offer Saturday delivery. Sorry to hear about your horror story :(

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm.. that's not good at all! I wonder if Apple will offer something to those who didn't get it on Saturday.

JohnnyApple, Even though UPS does not normally deliver on Saturday, I wonder if they are going to make an exception for tomorrow? Have you called to confirm this?

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would really be nice if the two would get together and get their stories straight. I would LOVE to go out and spend my Saturday out and about with my wife instead of sitting at home "hoping" that my iPad is delivered if in fact people already know it isn't gonna be here 'till next week.

If it isn't gonna be here on Saturday... that is fine... just let me know so I don't waste an entire weekend day waiting on it. If I waste a day sitting for the UPS guy to come when he actually isn't and it could have been avoided... I'll be pi$$ed!!!

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It would really be nice if the two would get together and get their stories straight. I would LOVE to go out and spend my Saturday out and about with my wife instead of sitting at home "hoping" that my iPad is delivered if in fact people already know it isn't gonna be here 'till next week.

If it isn't gonna be here on Saturday... that is fine... just let me know so I don't waste an entire weekend day waiting on it. If I waste a day sitting for the UPS guy to come when he actually isn't and it could have been avoided... I'll be pi$$ed!!!

Check your tracking number in the morning and see if it says "out for delivery" - then you'll know for sure!!! :)

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got off of a three way call with a management rep from Apple and an international shipping management representative for UPS. I started calling because the current online tracing information has the package no where near my area.

It seems Apple thinks they have sent my IPad for Saturday delivery and UPS says no its scheduled for Monday as Apple requested. It was scary to hear these to management level representations discuss who was right. Apple kept saying on the call it would be there Saturday, and UPS kept saying No, Apple contracted with UPS for Monday. I hope this only my problem and not a bigger problem. I leave very early Sunday for a week long vacation. So it it shows up Monday - I am screwed!

I have Saturday UPS delivery in my area. It seems there is a very high level conversation going on about what Apple has really told UPS to do and that notifications of special handling really mean. Interestingly the UPS rep also indicated that some were some shipments flagged for Friday delivery. I assume that is either the Apple and Best Buy deliveries.

Stay tuned.

I personally have three conflicting stories from UPS regarding this. The last conversation i had with a UPS Worldwide manager said don't worry about UPS delivery policy, UPS Worldwide is responsible for making the delivery on April 3rd, has a contract with Apple and everyone will get their delivery on April 3rd provided they answer the door of course. If you talk to UPS they will tell you NO if you don't have weekend delivery service. I'm banking on Worldwide and plan on playing with my new toy on Saturday, I just hope it is my new iPad..

OP
H

herbminke3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Phone call.

Well my conversation was with a Manager for UPS Worldwide. And she seemed to think there was a great deal of confusion on what they were actually required to do in providing Saturday deliveries.

rag1247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just spoke with apple since my tracking shows shipped on 3/30 but original invoice 4/2 - she assured me it would be delivered tomorrow - and that she had been advised that ups's tracking computers are all screwed up

Richard
ft lauderdale

JamesinCal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I talked to a UPS rep and she said that it would be here tomorrow "by the end of the day". When I asked what that meant, she said it could be before 7pm, but it might be later.

The suspense is killing me!

--- JAMES ---

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tracked my ipad to the hub in Sacramento hub and it sitting there waiting for delivery ..but the feeling i got from talking to the people the customer service that the unit will go out monday as plan for local delivery down to my neck of the woods ..

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Stay tuned.

I personally have three conflicting stories from UPS regarding this. The last conversation i had with a UPS Worldwide manager said don't worry about UPS delivery policy, UPS Worldwide is responsible for making the delivery on April 3rd, has a contract with Apple and everyone will get their delivery on April 3rd provided they answer the door of course. If you talk to UPS they will tell you NO if you don't have weekend delivery service. I'm banking on Worldwide and plan on playing with my new toy on Saturday, I just hope it is my new iPad..[/QUOTE]

That's funny!!!

Dana

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had one hell of a week going through this rollercoaster of will it arrive on Sat or Mon. My story is so remarkably similar to those posted here, I can only say...Ditto, and I feel your pain:D.

At this point I am just expecting it Monday, but will be working in my shop all day Saturday, so if it should arrive then it will be a nice surprise.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tracked my ipad to the hub in Sacramento hub and it sitting there waiting for delivery ..but the feeling i got from talking to the people the customer service that the unit will go out monday as plan for local delivery down to my neck of the woods ..
Hey,, just checked. Mine is sitting at the same hub in Sacramento.... The good news is.. if they don't deliver to our door, we can pick it up at the Hub between 4:00-6:00 P.M. tommorow..... Confirmed.... ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts