What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading files via Safari

arlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anything on Cydia which will allow uploading of files through the Safari web browser? There are a few sites which allow users to upload a file(s) by clicking a button which allows you to browse the file system, select the file, then proceed. I don't have that functionality and would like it.

Thanks.

OP
A

arlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if that functionality is inherited from the os, or if it is built in to a browser. Could a different browser allow it?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
nope ist due to the OS's security.

No apps can't browse the file system.

Is it possable to make a browser that can do this on jailbroken devices? Yes. Will it ever happen? very unlikely.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What annoys me is that apps CAN browse pictures, but somehow safari upload a picture that old-standby apps like Facebook can.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
What annoys me is that apps CAN browse pictures, but somehow safari upload a picture that old-standby apps like Facebook can.

Apps can browse photo's but they dont see the actual file saved on the device. The apps use API's to let the user view pictures and select a picture. The picture that is picked is then passed to the app, the app never actually gets to browse for the picture file.

OP
A

arlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would it be unlikely for a browser to be made that would handle uploading?

Most reactions

Latest posts