What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading a custom avatar from iPad

jkwakopo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any one tried this? I couldn't upload a picture for my avatar. Now, if I can't upload a pic from my iPad to this forum, talk about a revolutionary device! Any forum mods can help with this?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad doesn't suck at content creation, but, as you note It really blows for DOING anything with the files.

Steve, I have been really supportive of your magical device, but the iPad is really a steaming pile of file-management fail, and this joke of a iTunes hack that you shoveled out is also poo.

I'm going to go start my Windows 7 laptop to DO something now.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anything that requires you to browse for a file won't work.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Anything that requires you to browse for a file won't work.

Ya think?

Why can the Facebook iPhone app upload my photos, or Photogene? Why can't Safari?

the facebook app pulls from your camera roll for a picture. When you browse a website the lets you upload a file its asking to let you pick a file. It doesnt know you want a picture or what type of file and the iOS has no type of file browser.

This is a matter of security and keeps the iOS devices from obtaining virus's. I'm sure they will work out a secure file browser but who knows when.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are using a SmartPhone Operating System, so what is the big mystery behind this?

I hate to say it, but my WinMo phone could do this and lots more! It's just that the overall experience while doing it was crap.

Come on, don't be fanboys, ipads DO have weaknesses! iOS is still the best mobile OS, but is sometimes frustratingly limited.

Most reactions