What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating new Ipad software

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to only download the software. If I hit download and install, it knocks my Internet out.

Maybe I'm missing something.

When I connect my iPad to my PC and it's through with the sync process, I Click on "Check for Updates".

Then I get this message. 2011-08-11_123831.jpg

I know that I'm connected as I can update my apps, download new apps, etc.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to only download the software. If I hit download and install, it knocks my Internet out.

When I connect my iPad to my PC and it's through with the sync process, I Click on "Check for Updates".

Then I get this message. View attachment 4489

Is the message "Check for updates" on your iPad or your computer?

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Then I get this message. View attachment 4489

Is the message "Check for updates" on your iPad or your computer?

It's on the iTunes program on my computer.

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try turning off your firewall and see if that works. Don't forget to turn it back on after.

I have tried that and also disabled my virus program.

This is that I have the same virus program running on my laptop with the firewall running. No problem connecting with the update website. The thing is that I don't want to use my laptop for updating.

It's got to be a setting on my desktop PC.

Anyway, I do thank you for trying to help.

Lionelman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to let all of you that tried to help me with my problems getting iOS software updates that the problem is solved, for now.

I downloaded the new version of iTunes, version 10.4.1.10. I tried to connect to the update server and it worked.

Just FYI.

Thanks again your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts