What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unique problem on my Ipad 2...

goo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my JB Ipad 2 4.3.3 is showing very wierd symptoms that i cannot find any help from hours of reading. here goes, its not broken but almost like one..

My ipad can reboot normally, but when it reboots, the lockscreen is missing the picture slideshow icon, and time. It reboots everytime i press winterboard, settings, sb settings, or most programs like whatsapp too. The icons are spread out far and wide, Everytime it reboots 10-20 times, it goes back to normal, and after a reboot, it does this again.

I suspect it was a theme i downloaded and i uninstalled winterboard, sb settings, to try eliminate the issue but after 2-3 reboots, its comes back.

My stock IOS is 4.3.3, but i cannot grab the SHSH using TU cos its too late. so it saves 4.3.5 and 5.0a/b/c, and Ifaith does not work on Ipad 2. :( I have openshh but i cannot get to the IP address on my ipad. :(

I had once got into IT safe mode, and it helps as i can delete things and all ,but once it rebooted, back the the same problem. Anyone can teach me how to boot into safe mode? I have SB settings but i donot know the standard buttons to press or hold to boot into safe mode... i cannot find it anywhere on the web too.

Anyone please help, or advice is very much appreciated.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The symptoms you describe are related to having installed a tweak or app which is not compatible with the iPad and was designed for the iPhone. Winterboard, SBSettings, etc. are NOT the culprits. They work fine on the iPad.

You need to list out every application from Cydia which you have installed. It should be easy to spot which one is designed for iPhone only...

To get into safe mode, bring up SBSettings and press "Power", and you will have an option for Safe Mode there...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And please, until/unless we've exhausted all help for you, don't put the iPad into DFU mode or restore it!

Sorry, TheRambler, but that's not good starting advice for someone with a jailbroken iPad2 with no iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved! He follows your advice, he loses his jailbreak - with no hope of going back.

Let's try to solve the problem first ... and save the restore for the very end (as it WILL remove the jailbreak permanently).

The best thing is to do as f4780y suggested - list your currently installed apps and we can see which one might be causing the problems.

Marilyn

Thanks.

Marilyn

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
And please, until/unless we've exhausted all help for you, don't put the iPad into DFU mode or restore it!

Sorry, TheRambler, but that's not good starting advice for someone with a jailbroken iPad2 with no iOS 4.3.3 SHSH blobs saved! He follows your advice, he loses his jailbreak - with no hope of going back.

Let's try to solve the problem first ... and save the restore for the very end (as it WILL remove the jailbreak permanently).

The best thing is to do as f4780y suggested - list your currently installed apps and we can see which one might be causing the problems.

Marilyn

Thanks.

Marilyn

So true. If this thread ever reaches 10+ pages, then get over it and restore. But never mention it as the first idea.

My idea? Uninstall everything from Cydia, then install each one, one at a time. After each install, check your lockscreen if the picture frame has dissappeared. When it does, you know what has caused it.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
My bad, sorry.

I thought by putting those links he could read the info and decide for himself what to do.

Also, if it's jail broken and he has Cydia apps running, why hasn't Cydia saved his blobs....or does that only happen if you tell TU to do that??

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just because you are jail broken and running iOS 4.3.3 doesn't mean you could save the blobs for that version. They are two separate events.

For example, if you got an iPad yesterday, it could still be running 4.3.3 cause it's been on the shelf for a while. However, Apple stopped signing the blobs for that version almost a month ago, so there is no way to EVER save the blobs for that particular iPad (even though it is running iOS 4.3.3). Again, they are two different processes.

Hope that makes better sense and clarifies how a person can be jailbroken on iOS 4.3.3, yet not have blobs saved in Cydia (or via TU).

Marilyn

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I understand that, the bit that never makes sense to me is this.........

If you Jailbroke your iPad, you obviously had to do it whilst apple were signing 4.3.3 or you had your blobs saved. Now in the first case, apple were signing and you've jail broke......surely you would be well excited and searching through Cydia for different apps.....wouldn't this record your 4.3.3 blobs.

I know this may sound daft, but that's what I thought happened.

Forget this question....thought about it.....realised I'm daft.......pretend I didn't ask LOL

Last edited:
OP
G

goo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys, i could'nt save 4.3.3 blobs cos the window was closed. :(
anyways sorry but i updated to 4.3.5 as i cant sleep thinking if my ipad is not working. it restarts right away if i press cydia, sb settings, settings, and most apps. i did once on safe mode, dunno how i did it but looks like nobody knows how too. again my problem is 1 in a thousand i guess....

Most reactions

Latest posts