What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer video file from iPhone to iPad using Photo Transfer App

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ... I failed to find any app for transfer video file from phone to iPad but finally I bought Photo Transfer App. It claims to transfer pictures and video files between these two devices. The current problem is that it'll recognize only .mov format for transfer. I converted my video file to .mov but next requirement is that file should be located on the phone in camera roll or album location. That's default location where pictures and video go when you take it. The problem is that I don't know how to put .mov file from my PC to that location.
Could someone help please?
Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PhotoSync (no hyphen). on both devices and the companion app on your computer. App must be running on both devices and/or the computer. Everything is done on the camera roll.

It does both photos and video, from/to any device/computer.

Hold in mind that the video must be compatible with the iPad for it to work on the iPad.

For all I know Photo Transfer should be able to do this too, but PhotoSync is what i've been using for over a year. It works over both wi-fi and bluetooth.

chamcham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, one of the developers of Photo Transfer App here. If I understand correctly you want to transfer a video from iPhone to iPad correct? Was the video taken with your iPhone? If that's correct then you can definitely transfer it to your iPad with Photo Transfer App. If the video is stored on the 'Videos' app then there is no way to read it - no app will be able to do it as the content on the 'Videos' app of the iPHone/iPad is protected by Apple as it may be copyrighted and they don't offer an API to access it.

Hopefully this was helpful. If you have any other question you can also email us at: <MODERATOR EDIT; removed email address>

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks folks
Finally I've bought Photo Transfer and it works for me. All my video files are located on my PC and they are in different format so I first convert it to mp4, m4v or .mov and then transfer from PC to iPhone and then ( I hope :) ) will be able in resort public WiFi transfer from phone to iPad.
The only concern is if public WiFi traffic will allow to do it in a reasonable time. The average size of file is ~900 Mb.
I found a few app that could it but it looks that Photo Transfer is more user friendly

OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, one of the developers of Photo Transfer App here. If I understand correctly you want to transfer a video from iPhone to iPad correct? Was the video taken with your iPhone? If that's correct then you can definitely transfer it to your iPad with Photo Transfer App. If the video is stored on the 'Videos' app then there is no way to read it - no app will be able to do it as the content on the 'Videos' app of the iPHone/iPad is protected by Apple as it may be copyrighted and they don't offer an API to access it.

Hopefully this was helpful. If you have any other question you can also email us at: <MODERATOR EDIT; removed email address>

Hello
I love your idea but not sure if I have to switch from photo tea transfer to photo sync. They claim that support video transfer over block tooth while photo transfer does not. Although I am not sure how long it will take to transfer big video file via Bluetooth . It looks also that photo su c support more video formats than photo tea transfer
I am just hesitating :)
What would be your advice ?
Thanks

steve.holbrook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a similar problem

I can transfter photos fine (from my iPhone to my iPad, or from either IOS device to a PC). What I'm having problems with is transfering movies from my iPhone to a PC. It goes along well, with progress bars progressing, until it reaches the end of the transfer, where it displays the message "Sending IMG_0777.MOV ..." forever. The target directory on my PC indicates that a file of the same name indeed has been created, but it is of zero length.

Any ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What app or method are you using?

Though you don't really need an app. Plug your iOS device into the PC using the USB cable that came with it. Once there the device should mount as a USB Drive. Buried in the DCIM folder (sometimes in subdirectories) are all the photos and movies taken with the device's camera. Copy them to the computer by the usual methods.

I don't recommend deleting them from the PC. Other's have done so with no reported problems, but it just seems risky to me.

steve.holbrook

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What app or method are you using?

Though you don't really need an app. Plug your iOS device into the PC using the USB cable that came with it. Once there the device should mount as a USB Drive. Buried in the DCIM folder (sometimes in subdirectories) are all the photos and movies taken with the device's camera. Copy them to the computer by the usual methods.

I don't recommend deleting them from the PC. Other's have done so with no reported problems, but it just seems risky to me.

I'm using "Photo Transfer", sorry for not being specific. I thought since the subject of the thread was dealing with Photo Transfer it was clear, but I see that other apps have been discussed in the thread, so it was a bit ambiguous.

That said, you were absolutely right. All I needed to do was look at the DCIM folder on the mounted drive. I forgot all about this simple approach.

It worked flawlessly (of course).

Thanks twerppoet!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. I thought you were talking about Photo Transfer, but was not sure. I can't really help with that app, but there should be a link to thier support site in the App Store; since it doesn't look like chamcham checks in very often.

Most reactions