What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK should boycott Apple

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple treats UK customers with disdain. I think people in the UK should boycott their 'style over substance' products and go with other companies, who at least make UK a priority, unlike Apple.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just be patient it will arrive in good time. Regardless of stock issues It takes time to set up telco in countries other than USA and also the distribution network etc Further more devices such as ipads have to be approved by each country before they can be sold in that country. With ibooks arrangements have to be made with book companies in each country and deal with copy right issues etc. It will be world wide release for late May and May 10th for orders colin in Australia

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, how impaitient can you be? And idiotic....you want the company that you want a product from to be boycotted because you can't get it?

Wow, I've seen arrogance before but this takes the cake....

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LMControl said:
Wow, how impaitient can you be? And idiotic....you want the company that you want a product from to be boycotted because you can't get it?

Wow, I've seen arrogance before but this takes the cake....

I agree well put
Frankly having a delay is sometimes good as Apple may make a revision to sort out any bugs that may be there such as wifi That has happened before when they released. the Mac pros. Changes were made although small to those shipped to Australia

Lets face it manufacturing some 1 to 2 million ipads to satisfy a world market is a major project in it's own

Col

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couldn't say it better. And they will ship a few million devices more. It is still a young market and once people have understood, what the iPad can do, it will skyrocket.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple treats UK customers with disdain. I think people in the UK should boycott their 'style over substance' products and go with other companies, who at least make UK a priority, unlike Apple.

The US makes up for a greater share of Apples revenue than the UK. Any company will give its top customer priority.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score

so why are you here with a username that says ipad fan?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With disdain? Really? Because it's home user base wants more than they can produce they hold UK with disdain.

Ummmm, it's not even available in CANADA YET!!! And we share a land border!

You are a little high and mighty aren't you?

Jippojeppe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im from sweden and i dont se myself asking for boykott for apple to just release it in US the first month.
Im going to buy one but that meens that i have to wait for apple to work up there stock so they have something to sell.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score

so why are you here with a username that says ipad fan?

The iPad fan is put there by the board, just as you are a ipad junkie.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the original subject, I suspect it was tongue in cheek, but I also think that there are people in other countries that would like that if it meant they could get theirs earlier.:)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sonny Burnett said:
The US makes up for a greater share of Apples revenue than the UK. Any company will give its top customer priority.

Gee Australia does have a big population. 28million people 30 million kangaroos allmostt as many as L A

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sonny Burnett said:

Gee Australia does have a big population. 28million people 30 million kangaroos allmostt as many as L A

I've never seen a kangaroo in LA!

Oh wait...there was one on the pilot of Flash Forward!

Most reactions

Latest posts