What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

uk shipping - shipped!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
wow, speak of the devil, Apple just this second emailed to inform me my package has been shipped! Arrival date now Apr 14th.

orig shipping - 15th Apr
orig delivery - 26th Apr

new shipping - 8th Apr (already shipped)
new delivery - 14th Apr

WOOHOO!

Last edited:
OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
you might be in luck - i spoke to an Apple salesperson about this earlier today and she 'hinted' to me that 'most' will probably be in for a nice shock now supply/demand are catching each other up ;)

as far as i know, i'm the only one i know of from the UK that the online Store has so far bunked me up :) Apple's dates are for worst case scenarios and not very optimistic to say the least.

fingers crossed for you mate.

gavinbailey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, shipping for mine was brough forward too :) and checking via tracking on the UPS it's scheduled for delivery next Tuesday (although I won't be in! :()

you might be in luck - i spoke to an Apple salesperson about this earlier today and she 'hinted' to me that 'most' will probably be in for a nice shock now supply/demand are catching each other up ;)

as far as i know, i'm the only one i know of from the UK that the online Store has so far bunked me up :) Apple's dates are for worst case scenarios and not very optimistic to say the least.

fingers crossed for you mate.

farmboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow, speak of the devil, Apple just this second emailed to inform me my package has been shipped! Arrival date now Apr 14th.

orig shipping - 15th Apr
orig delivery - 26th Apr

new shipping - 8th Apr (already shipped)
new delivery - 14th Apr

WOOHOO!

must be exciting!!!

manjitdeu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ditto...same here...but in all my excitement to get hold of one...i could not wait till the 26th...so i just ordered one from john lewis this morning...which is now ready for collection tomorrow from my local store...and then a couple of hours later...boom...apple email me...ggggrrrrrrrrrr...lol...
but the strange thing is they have only shipped out the ipad...but not my dock...or case...or orange sim...but im guessin' they would have these goods in stock already...hhhmmmmm...

Nope, shipping for mine was brough forward too :) and checking via tracking on the UPS it's scheduled for delivery next Tuesday (although I won't be in! :()

how are you tracking your parcel on the UPS site...???...i cant...it wont read the Carrier Tracking Number that apple has given me...

mxx

Last edited:

gavinbailey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm tracking with the UPS number Apple gave me - it seems to work fine for me. Maybe try ensuring that you're not accidentally including any leading or trailing spaces when you cut and paste?

My accs are not shipping either. No word on when they will ship.....

ditto...same here...but in all my excitement to get hold of one...i could not wait till the 26th...so i just ordered one from john lewis this morning...which is now ready for collection tomorrow from my local store...and then a couple of hours later...boom...apple email me...ggggrrrrrrrrrr...lol...
but the strange thing is they have only shipped out the ipad...but not my dock...or case...or orange sim...but im guessin' they would have these goods in stock already...hhhmmmmm...

how are you tracking your parcel on the UPS site...???...i cant...it wont read the Carrier Tracking Number that apple has given me...

mxx

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com

the funny thing is, my order for the smart cover and av connector i ordered at the same time didn't change. still the late shipping date.

i spoke to Apple and they said it's kinda swinging around - the ipads are now top priority, and all accessories are secondary, hence the later dates, yet shops are over brimming with stocks.

so i cancelled the order on accessories and popped into my local store this morning where i purchased my cover and cable. nice and easy.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple Store in Aberdeen has stock of certain iPad2s and they have a sign saying they are receiving new stock every day at 0900. On Thursday, I was sitting next to a girl in Starbucks who had just purchased a white iPad2 and Smart Cover and she didn't even know anything about a shortage. She'd just walked in asked for an iPad2 in white with a leather Smart Cover, they had one in stock, she bought and then went up to Starbucks and unpacked it. They had initialised it in the store for her and she was up-and-running with her email in 5 minutes. I was green with envy as they don't have the model in stock I'm after....

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm doing it the other way around - buying an iPad from the Apple store and then getting an Orange SIM - at present I have an iPad1 with a '3' SIM but I need an Orange one too for a reason that's too stupid and embarrassing to reveal....

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm working as a consultant at a location where they don't allow contractors (and a consultant is the lowest of the low on that scale) to connect to their corporate network. My normal network is '3', but there's no 3 coverage at this site - but there is an Orange basestation in sight of the office where I work....I looked a complete moron the first day I turned up with my new iPad and couldn't even get my email.....

Tim

OP
sjleworthy

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
yes. apple stuff does that. looks awesome, but is great to snear when simple things dont work. look at that flash tw4t over there with his canoe paddle that cant even do email. how much did it cost btw?? :p

Last edited:

Harley7788

iPF Noob
Reaction score
John Lewis seems to have plenty of stock today :), just ordered mine can pick it up tomorow woohooo

Most reactions

Latest posts