What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK Release Date April 26th?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-uk-release.JPG

While the majority of pundits on the web seem to be predicting that the iPad will be released in the UK on Saturday April 24th, CNET UK’s Crave gadget blog is reporting that the release date could well be Monday, April 26th. According to Crave, CNET UK has received information that a particular publisher’s app team has been told to have their app ready for the 26th. Crave seems pretty certain about it too, even urging their readers to book that day off!

Apple, of course, declined to comment on either the release date or when they would actually be releasing the release date, which is really going overboard on the secrecy!

It’s getting so close to the end of April now that I’m starting to wonder if Apple won’t just release it suddenly as a surprise without telling anyone, kind of like they do with big apps in the app store sometimes. Put it on the UK shelves and websites and see if anyone notices!

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
[Source: http://crave.cnet.co.uk]

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know - but in three weeks it will be April 28th - and there's a lot of people out there waiting on 3G's. They need to come out with some announcements. Maybe tomorrow at the press conference.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's to hoping the UK can get it soon so they can join us here at the site.

Greggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's more frustrating is that like in Canada they won't say the prices and who's offering the 3G access...

Ditto the UK (and as far as I know, everywhere else... apart from the US)

If this is part of Apple's marketing campaign to keep people guessing, I don't like it! I've booked the 26th off from work, just in case!

Most reactions

Latest posts