What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak iPad1 with redsn0w for Windows

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the files per the instructions but when I get to the part where you turn off the iPad and connect the cord to the P.C. the iPad immediately boots up. I thought that you turn the iPad off by pressing the power button and then sliding the prompt to turn off. The little activity circle comes up and revolves for a few seconds and the iPad appears to turn off.
Any help is appreciated.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ajricaud said:
What am I doing wrong? I downloaded the files per the instructions but when I get to the part where you turn off the iPad and connect the cord to the P.C. the iPad immediately boots up. I thought that you turn the iPad off by pressing the power button and then sliding the prompt to turn off. The little activity circle comes up and revolves for a few seconds and the iPad appears to turn off.
Any help is appreciated.

Have the cord connected before you turn it off... Connecting the cord when off, turns on the iPad!

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajricaud said:
Any help is appreciated.

Have the cord connected before you turn it off... Connecting the cord when off, turns on the iPad!
Thanks. I will try that.

Madewomen2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yOU ARE AMAZING ...I jailbroke my ipad in like 10 mins .. this is so hot.. actual you are hot.. Thank you Geek Squad.. love you

ipadsonu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
redsn0w: Unable to get through first screen itself.

This is my first ever APPLE unit.
I recently got a IPAD 16GB as hands down from a friend who was not using it since new.
The version in 'ABOUT' section says 4.3.5 (8L1) so I downloaded following firmware from links given in first post
iPad1,1_4.3.4_8K2_Restore

Then I downloaded
redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc18

As I open redsn0w I browse for the firmware & then it just wont doesn't go beyond following screen.
Untitled.jpg

So I again downloaded above firmware, (thrice by now) but again the same results. Then I downloaded
redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc19

But I'm stiil unable to get through the first step.

redsn0w is saved on desktop & firmware on my D drive.

I'm running Vista & have done all given directions for compatibility etc.

I even tried this with firmware iPad1,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore but same result.

These files are all proper .ipsw files & NOT in zip as problem sighted by some fellow members.

PLS HELP.

Sonu

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
got everything downloaded and installed on my ipad but now my ipad just has a pineapple on the screen no home screen or anything

What version of IOS are you trying to JB and what version of redsn0w did you download?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Quizzer2093

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
diigtal-nexxus.ca
im using redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc19

and downloaded the 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 firmwares from the link in the forums here and redsnow says that it cant recognize the firmware files ..

the only one that worked was 4.3.3

and thats the one the files install but when i go to boot tethered the ipad sits with a pineapple on the screen and eventually gives me an apple logo with the wire showing connect to itunes

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
im using redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc19

and downloaded the 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 firmwares from the link in the forums here and redsnow says that it cant recognize the firmware files ..

the only one that worked was 4.3.3

and thats the one the files install but when i go to boot tethered the ipad sits with a pineapple on the screen and eventually gives me an apple logo with the wire showing connect to itunes

You are using the wrong version of redsnow. See our "jailbreaking methods" sticky in the hacking section which explains the link you need to follow for the beta redsn0w which supports the tethered jb for your device - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

cavelord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I use OS X and have an ipad 1 64GB running 4.2.1 (8c148). I followed the instructions using redsn0w 0.9.6rc19 and the iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw (551.3MB).

All works fine until on the ipad i get the following error message: AppleBCMWLAN::handleIOKitBusyWatchdogTimeout(): Error, no successful firmware download after 60000ms!! Giving up...
**Checking extendes attributes file.
Invalid index key (8,2138)
Then it tries to repair three times and results in
** The volume Data could not be repaired after 3attempts.
it mounts three filesystems (rootfs as read-write, devfs, disk0s2s1)
Then it stops with
ERROR!

After some time the iPad reboots and asks to sync with itunes. Itunes tells me it has found a device in maintenance mode which first has to be recovered.

Any idea what is going on here ?
Thank you very much for your help.

a newbie

Most reactions

Latest posts