What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak iPad1 on IOS5 using redsn0w

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
really? i cant access itunes' music store since my first jailbroken 4.3.x ipad.

That's definitely not normal. I purchase music from the iTunes store on all my jailbroken devices regularly.

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the guide. i've been withholding from going up to iOS5 from 4.3.3 because of non-untethered jb, but now that it is available, i've got iOS5.0.1 now. time to start explaoring what ios5 can offer (i know i've missed the boat for so long, lol)

hafatih_27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
That's definitely not normal. I purchase music from the iTunes store on all my jailbroken devices regularly.

whoa!! i think everyone got the same condition when having jailbroken stuff. ok, to just make it clear. when you're in music app (called as ipod before), there is store button in the left bottom corner of the app right? what's happening if you click it?

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh bugger... got this after i restarted my ipad.
050120121510.jpg

looks like i have to restore and JB all over again. i suspect phoneitipad is the culprit, anyway i'll have to wait another 12 hours to get back to my pc. dayummm!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hafatih_27 said:
whoa!! i think everyone got the same condition when having jailbroken stuff. ok, to just make it clear. when you're in music app (called as ipod before), there is store button in the left bottom corner of the app right? what's happening if you click it?

The iTune Store app opens as normal and I can use it to purchase music, download podcasts, etc.

hafatih_27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
The iTune Store app opens as normal and I can use it to purchase music, download podcasts, etc.

what i got is itunes with messagebox at the first time saying "can not connect to itunes store", if i ignore the message, itunes still runs but no music store in it, it just contains 3 tabs (podcast, itunes u, downloads). the same tragedy happens if i launch itunes from springboard. any suggestion please?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
what i got is itunes with messagebox at the first time saying "can not connect to itunes store", if i ignore the message, itunes still runs but no music store in it, it just contains 3 tabs (podcast, itunes u, downloads). the same tragedy happens if i launch itunes from springboard. any suggestion please?

I have to ask, are you using any tweaks which enable piracy? We don't support or condone those here in accordance with our rules, but these are known to cause issues like the ones you describe. Please read our rules carefully before responding.

hafatih_27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I have to ask, are you using any tweaks which enable piracy? We don't support or condone those here in accordance with our rules, but these are known to cause issues like the ones you describe. Please read our rules carefully before responding.

ok i got it. thanks.

ddstree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
constantly rebooting after the jailbreak attempt

(please redirect this post if it's in the wrong place - noob poster, but not to the community or jailbreaking)

i have 3 ipads, running different jailbroken iOS's until yesterday. They are all now up to date with 5.01. The first jailbreak using the latest redsn0w went off without a hitch.

But the other two after trying to jailbreak kept getting "stuck" in a constant reboot mode. With the one I eventually had to let iTunes do a complete restore, but now I have to go back in and manually add back all my apps and movies that I previously had on it.

The third is still in reboot mode...Any advice on how I can NOT have to start fresh on the last ipad? I have tried performing the jailbreak an additional time with no luck.

I'm really trying to make sure when I do my iPhones I don't run into this same issue

Thanks

ddstree

roboPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to use redsn0w but an error was reported while "uploading first stage".
"The instruction at "0x77c478c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".
Redsn0w - app error.jpg
iPad1 / iOS 5.0.1 / Windows XP laptop

Last edited:

roboPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was able to successfully run redsn0w from Windows 7 laptop. All is good!

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DRAT IT!!

I keep getting the 'No Device Detected. DFU Mode Failed'.

I honestly don't know how I could be more precise about the three button-press steps, and I have tried the procedure numerous times. I have the IPad 1 (IOS 5.0.1).

I am glad that others have found success in JB'ing their devices, and wish that I could have experienced the same :(.

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OK. I am now Jailbroken - and quite happy about it. I didn't know that ITunes (which I hate) had to be in residence on my PC, in order for the jail-break to be effectuated. My PC was just recently (yesterday) formatted & restored, although I hadn't reinstalled ITunes. So, I am now good to go.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. I am now Jailbroken - and quite happy about it. I didn't know that ITunes (which I hate) had to be in residence on my PC, in order for the jail-break to be effectuated. My PC was just recently (yesterday) formatted & restored, although I hadn't reinstalled ITunes. So, I am now good to go.

Sorry, I made a bad assumption that this was a no brainer. I have updated the first post with a line stating you should have the latest version of iTunes.

Whilst it is now possible to own an iPad and never use iTunes thanks to IOS5, you must still have the appropriate device drivers installed on your PC if you ever want to connect it (even if only for jailbreaking activities, such as redsn0w). Those drivers typically come via an iTunes installation, so as you discovered, you do need it. The good news is you never actually have to use it if you don't want to!

Most reactions