What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak iPad1 with redsn0w for Windows

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
David, 4.3 is a tethered jailbreak. You should have followed step 11 in the tutorial, which would have rebooted the iPad into a working JB state.
An untethered JB for 4.3.3 will be available soon and you won't have any problems with that if you run it...

You can get more details in the jailbreaking methods sticky.

Last edited:

David Parker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
David, 4.3 is a tethered jailbreak. You should have followed step 11 in the tutorial, which would have rebooted the iPad into a working JB state.
An untethered JB for 4.3.3 will be available soon and you won't have any problems with that if you run it...

You can get more details in the jailbreaking methods sticky.

Thanks for this. How could I have missed that? I have now successfully freed ny iPad using the 4.3.3 iOS.

footpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redsn0w rc16 - unexpected error during preparation

Hi there,
I am trying to jailbreak my ipad1 4.3.3 using redsn0w rc16. I have downloaded the latest ipsw file (iPad,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore). It processes the firmware and successfully identifies it, When i hit next it gives me a 'unexpected error during preparation' and i can go no further.
Any thoughts?

footpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved it !!! Re-downloaded the ipsw file and it worked this time. I got the crazy pineapple and now my ipad is back up. Thanks for the tutorial.
:D

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

Newbe here have just jailbreak my ipad (4.3.3) and all seems to be ok but when i open Cydia and go into manage accout to install ***** i don't seem to get the correct screen just says i need to authenticate. Am i doing anthing wrong or have i missed something. Any help would be really great.

Thanks
Mike:confused:

sorry....you won't get help here on how to install those repo's because of piracy issues....please read the rules...

ntrddragn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sweet!!! thanks for the how to guide..simple and to the point. now my iPad is jailbreak, time to play with it. i have to say this is a bit easier then rooting my Droid 1 a yr and half before. :D

f4af100uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi people.

Ive done exactly what it says on the tin (or the first page lol) but i still cant get redsn0w to recognise my 4.3.3 ipsw that ive downloaded from the link in the other thread.

Ive tried it on IE and it keeps changing it to a ZIP file. Ive downloaded firefox, got the right file but redsn0w wont recognise it.

Any help? Im running windows 7

Thanks

EDIT: Ive also tried google chrome now aswell. Antivirus is always disabled etc. Racking my brains now lol

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi people.

Ive done exactly what it says on the tin (or the first page lol) but i still cant get redsn0w to recognise my 4.3.3 ipsw that ive downloaded from the link in the other thread.

Ive tried it on IE and it keeps changing it to a ZIP file. Ive downloaded firefox, got the right file but redsn0w wont recognise it.

Thanks

The only answer I'm afraid is that is has not downloaded correctly. If you have redns0w rc18 (the latest) and you downloaded from the link in our sticky, then the download has truncated and is incomplete. That is the only reason it wont be recognised as valid.
What size is it (check by right clicking and choosing properties)?

The file must NOT be unchanged from the download. You are not unzipping it, are you? (lots of folks try that!)

It should be named iPad1,1_4.3.3_8J3_Restore.ipsw and be 593 MB (622,048,364 bytes) [sorry first one was a mistake, obviously!]

Last edited:

f4af100uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi people.

Thanks

The only answer I'm afraid is that is has not downloaded correctly. If you have redns0w rc18 (the latest) and you downloaded from the link in our sticky, then the download has truncated and is incomplete. That is the only reason it wont be recognised as valid.
What size is it (check by right clicking and choosing properties)?

The file must NOT be unchanged from the download. You are not unzipping it, are you? (lots of folks try that!)

I must have downloaded it several times in both google chrome and firefox.

Its coming up as 593 MB (622,048,364 bytes) and im using redsn0w 0.7.1

f4af100uk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I searched google for the RC18 you mentioned and its worked first time.

Thanks for your help.

(off to bang head on table lol)

Most reactions