What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn off App Notice

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's strange because I never get that pop-up now. Is it a cookie? i.e. does my iPad 'remember' that I've seen the iPF app pop-up? Or am I talking nonsense, as usual...:(

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I wonder if you have Cookies disabled in 'Settings', then the iPad can't 'remember' that you've seen the iPF pop-up and it keeps on asking you. I wonder if the OP has cookies disabled?

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought we were talking about tapatalk...

-t

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One possibility: If you don't stay logged into the forum, you're more likely to repeatedly see the pop-up for the IPF app. That's what I find when I switch among devices, for instance.

Fanie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to turn off the notice that pops up at least twice every time I come to this site notifying me of your app? I don't want an app for forums or news pages or any number of other items and frankly this SPAM is annoying as hell.

I can change browsers and hide my iPad but should I really have to do that to visit your forum?:confused:

The member asked if the the pop-up invitation can be "turned off" - no confusion there. The pop-up invites the user to use tapatalk to access the forum instead of the generic browser interface.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I recently updated my browser and received the Tapatalk pop-up once, since then it has not come back indicating that it seems to be working properly here. I guess many of us are tired of seeing it in different places (where it doesn't work very well) and may associatiing that with it popping up on iPadforums.net.

I sure hope it doesn't come back, maybe it's programmed to return and nag after X logins. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was on the iPad forum through atomic browser. Every time I did a search it popped up. It's the tapatalk app. I don't have cookies disabled. I can't remember if I was logged in or not though. Today I have tried it logged in and not logged in and I haven't seen it at all. Maybe they fixed it?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ooops! I forgot that I switched the browser identity to Safari 5. So, maybe the problem persists... :D

Most reactions

Latest posts