What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notifications - turning them all off for a finite time period?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm talking about when apps pop up notifications on your screen right over whatever you are doing at the moment....I want to turn all of them off for a fixed time period....like from when I say no pop ups until when I say they are ok. Can this be done?

I hate when they pop up when I'm giving a presentation or something. It will be something silly like the Magic Piano or Sing! with a new song. I don't want those coming up in the middle of what I'm going. The Magic Piano always seems to send out pop ups at 2pm...yeah, I can turn that one off, but I really would rather have the feature done the way I want it done. Thanks.

BTW, these are called "Banners" in Notification center. I want to disable them all, for any app, before a presentation and them re-enable them afterwards.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DND does offer it, but you'd have to manually toggle it on and off. Or, if you're expecting to give presentations on a regular schedule daily or have a certain time frame daily where you want to suppress notifications, you can set a schedule in DND to do so. However, it does not differentiate between days/dates, so if you forget to turn it off on the days where you don't need notifications/banners to be suppressed, you may end up missing a few messages if that matters.

OP
AQ_OC

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DND is not very clear on what works when, but I will try to see if it will block banners too. Thanks for the response.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the only exception for DND is for repeated calls. But since it's on the iPad, it should be everything

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Most reactions

Latest posts