What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble With iPhone 10s Messages

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To all,

I have an iPhone 10s. There are times when I send text messages to other iPhone users and they end going through as android texts instead of iPhone texts. See the attached example. In other words, if I send a text to another iPhone user, the text I sent is the blue. But sometimes it is the color green (the android color). How do I fix this situation? Thanks.
CAF2FDBB-6F13-486D-933D-4803DD91FD1D.jpeg
CAF2FDBB-6F13-486D-933D-4803DD91FD1D.jpeg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the person with an iPhone isn’t signed into iMessage a text to them will be received by them as an SMS text message if your iPhone has Send as SMS turned on in the Messages app settings.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting. Two things. This person used to be signed into iMessage.What happened to change that? And also how does one fix the situation?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. Two things. This person used to be signed into iMessage.What happened to change that? And also how does one fix the situation?
Ask them to check if they’re no longer signed in and to sign back in if they’re not.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m confused. What do you mean by “sign in”? Is this something that you have to do in settings? How do you do it? I’ve never had to sign in before. My text just work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When using iMessage for the first time you have to go to Settings>Messages>iMessage and turn on the switch. You’ll then be required to sign in with your AppleID and password to activate iMessage on your iPhone. The same procedure is used on the iPad.

Last edited:

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I need to thank you for helping me with swapping the systems on my iPhones a few days ago. I am trying to get the hang of it at last. BB

Most reactions

Latest posts