What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble logging in with Wi-Fi at Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcotsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am at a hotel trying to log in with Wi-Fi. I go to Settings/Wi-Fi and I can see the hotel network and it is checked, but the log-in screen that I need to log into the hotel wi-fi does not always come up to allow me to log in. Sometimes it does pop up and sometimes it does not.

thanks

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am at a hotel trying to log in with Wi-Fi. I go to Settings/Wi-Fi and I can see the hotel network and it is checked, but the log-in screen that I need to log into the hotel wi-fi does not always come up to allow me to log in. Sometimes it does pop up and sometimes it does not.

thanks

Its most likely the hotels wifi. I find they are weak, intermittent, hit and miss.

OP
D

dcotsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, the only thing is, we have 4 Ipod touch/Ipads between us and 3 of the 4 are able to pop-up the hotel log-in screen consistently.

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, the only thing is, we have 4 Ipod touch/Ipads between us and 3 of the 4 are able to pop-up the hotel log-in screen consistently.

I've observed the same issue logging in from hotels. Seems the iPad takes a bit longer to grab the hotel's wifi signal, and flip to a login screen. Give it 10 or 15 seconds - if that doesn't work, open up Safari and go to google.com and see if it redirects. That's worked for me in the past.

Does that help?

OP
D

dcotsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but trying to google still does not bring up log-in screen for this Ipad all the time.

jackiemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.WoowooMac.com
Yup, it's likely the hotel Wi-Fi being flakey or the signal is intermittent where you are. Unfortunately, hotels walls (pipes, elevator and other metal) do a lot to interfere with Wi-Fi.

Try going to the hotel lounge or other area where you are confident there should be very good signal and try again. If it's still flakey, you might try telling the front desk.

I hope this helps.

KieDK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm posting this here in case someone else has the same issue later. You don't have to log in with the same machine(maybe), my PSP and PS3 has exceptional trouble with log in screens.

Depending on what internet service they have you could try how I do with Ethostream's wifi service.

/CentralAuth/auth/index.php?ip=______&mac=_______&iface=______&siteid=________&at=___&

If the address shows something similar to this you can use any device to log in your device. You just have to fill in the blanks and go to the page and log in like normal. and viola device should be activated.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is definitely something Apple could improve. I travel with an iPad and a Blackberry phone. The iPad finds the available WiFi signals and shows which ones are locked, etc, but even if the correct one is obvious and free to use, you still have to tell it to log in each time. Sometimes when you select the correct one and have its WiFi password ready to enter, you instead get a screenful of boxes to fill in.

I have to say, you get none of these problems with the BB. As soon as it finds a free WiFi spot, it just logs in automatically and starts working. You don't even know it has done it. Much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions