What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trooping of the Colour

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
once again it's the spectacular Trooping of the Colour here in England....no one does these things better than us
smile.png

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
isn't it just magnificent!

Last edited:
OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is.
I know how hard is to march in a straight line. Each time I watch it I'm fascinated by the way they turn the corner.
yes it's months and months of practice,they must really worry about going wrong...i love how some of the horses have ranks like Major ect.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
there will be the fly past by the Red Arrows soon.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
yes it's months and months of practice,they must really worry about going wrong...i love how some of the horses have ranks like Major ect.

It also will use a lot of experience riding on a horse and playing an instrument, I think. Making the horse walk the direction it should go.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It also will use a lot of experience riding on a horse and playing an instrument, I think. Making the horse walk the direction it should go.
thats right,they make it look easy but i'm very sure it isn't,i feel sorry for the ones lining the Mall who can't move,it must be such a relief when it's over and they can move again.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We won't see that. :-( The broadcast ended when the carriages arrived.
oh that's a shame,it's a wonderful sight,we see the Red Arrows quite a lot when we are in Lincolnshire,when we are at antiques fairs there they often practice so we get a free show.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
oh that's a shame,it's a wonderful sight,we see the Red Arrows quite a lot when we are in Lincolnshire,when we are at antiques fairs there they often practice so we get a free show.

I just detected that I can watch it in BBC one. :)

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
from what they say it's the Lancaster's that are flying today.

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What I admire on such occasions is the discipline of the spectators when they're marching towards Buckingham Palace.
yes,i'm sure many have been to occasions before,it said that one man has been flying in from Australia every year and has never missed one.

Most reactions

Latest posts