What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel bag for your Ipad

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So i have been looking at the Kensington Sling bag for carrying the ipad around for work and travel ..the thing i like about it i can carry the bag under my coat in the winter protecting the unit ..i really did not like the way the laptop bags could not be carried under a jacket for travel in bad weather when it was really cold outside with snow or it was wet and comeing down in buckets of rain with the wind blowing and it just beening a mess outside ..

plus here is my first wallpaper iam going with thanks to someone on this forum..p.s. i swiped the photo to use as my wallpaper ..i hope you do not mind..

Attachments

• KingsingtonSlingBag.jpg
    KingsingtonSlingBag.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 710
  • ipadwall7.jpg
    ipadwall7.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 675

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I'm female, I already have a nice travel bag for mine. I checked out the measurements and it will fit perfectly in the Borsa Bella travel bag. We don't have have weather that requires a coat here.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
right now iam packing for a trip back east and going over what i going to take with me for a two week trip .the only thing nice is that iam going to try the trip with the ipad and it access items and ironkey usb work unit along the cell phone unit an see if the idea of lighter travel will work

i normal travel with a laptop bag and a small carry on with cloths ..do laundry and drycleaning as it need for i am beening tried of the airlines over chargeing for anything and everything

Last edited:

CanonicalKoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with the Booq Taipan Shadow XS here - iPad cases by booq I like the idea of backpacks or slings, but I'm paranoid about having spendy stuff out of my immediate control and view. The Taipan's small enough to wear like a messenger bag and still have it under your coat.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a nice bag. I've been thinking of something along the lines.. If you decide to purchase it, please let us know how it works out for you.

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the Kensington Sling bag, however, I can't find it on Kensington's site anymore.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
google ipad accessories and it will come up ..it small and it nice my credit card was charge this morning for the ipad along with a couple of the accessories items i have order..
'
you may have to phone them to order it that what i did ..i just called the number and order it that way ..

when iam in new york or boston and rideing the subways there ..i just wear in front of me when on a subway intill i get off and then put back on like a normal backpack ..

denmiller60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cover to protect iPad at home!

I can see myself (or a visitor) carelessly damaging my iPad when not in use, on a table for instance. And, I misplace things so wild color appeals. I'd rather not depend on a stand because things get knocked over. No one else is planning for such mundane protection? I'm considering picking out some wild fabric and quilting a simple sleeve.

nytngale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received the EXO sleeve case from Waterfield designs this morning. It is nice looking, has some padding to it and is supposed to accommodate the iPad in a cover. I am still awaiting my Apple case which isn't going to ship until the 17th. I am going to be near an Apple store tomorrow and am planning to check out some cases there since I am paranoid that something is going to happen to my iPad. I have Lready dropped it once without injury. I am still debating a screen cover. Bought the shield from Zagg, but really like the feel of the iPad without a shield on it and am not sure that I will be applying it, especially since reading that that the iPad screen is scratch proof.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Case Logic for 7-10" netbooks and it works great. I doubt it will be my final case, but it beats what I have been using. When I get a Acme Made Folio in a couple of weeks, it will fit nicely in the CL bag. Once I have a chance to check some messenger bags, I plan on getting the one more suited for me.

ItzCooLz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you are looking at a bag, i ordered 2 bags, and here are my thoughts.

1) Skooba Messenger: Skooba Design
I paid 37 dollars for it on Amazon.com. It looks like a small messenger bag, so looks less like a man-purse. (it is smaller than it appears in the stock image) It has a lot of neat design features:
- there's a zipper on the top of the bag that gives you access to the main compartment without having to lift the flap
- there's a buckle AND a velcro patch that secures the flap. (i like this because sometimes if i am going to be lifting up the flap a lot, it's nice to not have to always secure the buckle)
- the ipad-holding portion is just a slim, padded pocket within the main compartment that fits it snugly.

2) STM Scout XS (radtech.us, amzn.to/bQLFGy):
i paid 50 dollars for it on Amazon.com. It is vertically-oriented, so might come off as more of a man-purse. the nice thing about it, though, is that it is pretty small.
- the main compartment is the sole area where you'd put your ipad, and it's a bit wide (approx 2 inches). it's much thicker than you'd need for just the ipad, so you'd end up putting other things next to your ipad.
- it's main advantage is its small size. i could see myself carrying it around for extended periods of time.
- smell: this one is a bit interesting. both of its reviews at amazon mention a horrible fishy odor. mine also has that same odor which i haven't been able to completely get rid of so far. i asked for a replacement from amazon, but that one also has the horrible odor). Radtech is the official reseller of STM in the USA, so you might get a non-malodorous bag through Radtech.

overall, i like both bags. they are both pleasantly small, although the skooba is about 3-4 inches wider (giving it a horizontal messenger bag appearance). as you can tell, i like the skooba bag better, but it's just a tad bigger. i think i'm going to keep the STM Scout for instances where i'll be wearing it for longer periods, but i wish the main compartment was more efficiently spaced for an ipad (it seems more designed for a thick netbook) and it didn't have that horrible smell. (I contacted STM to see if they had any comment. i'll pass any info i receive along to this post)

other bags i was considering was the Booq Taipan Shadow XS, but never ordered it due to price).

Reaction score
iPad travel bag

Travel with the iPad is becoming more popular and having a bag that allows you to access the iPad is extremely useful. App advice just reviewed a bag that covers all these bases. It is a beautiful leather bag that acts as a supported clip board so you can use it while traveling. You can find it on the gadget freeway website

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a messenger bag when I'm moving around with more than just the iPad (e.g. library books, engagement diary, etc) - but I've also ordered a Built slimline backpack for when I'm only taking the iPad with me --

BUILT-E-BP-254-T.jpg

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I use this one: Laptop Messenger Bags|TSM097US| by Targus

It holds the following:
iPad in Otterbox Commuter Case
Menotek 16 Position Stand
Portable Hard Drive in padded pocket
Portable HD cable in mesh pocket
iPad Cable in mesh pocket
Ear Phones in front pocket
I don't plan on carrying any more than this at this point. Maybe one of the portable batteries at some point in the future, but there is plenty of room. I am seeing this as a near perfect bag for traveling, especially on planes where space is limited anyway.
So far, I have only one complaint, and that is with the shoulder pad, which is sewn in place.

Most reactions

Latest posts