What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring photos on cf cards to ipad 3

Redbournite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched net and found the Photojojo iPad 3 cf reader. Only seems to be available in US not in UK . Anyone used it and confirm that it has the new lightening connector and is it available in UK. Any alternative solutions gratefully received

OP
R

Redbournite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photojojo has responded to my email and said that it has a lightning connector . I have purchased it and will report on it a soon as I receive it . Costs $56.0 dollars. Couldn't find purchase details of the other connector

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just use a $8 CF card reader and move the images to your computer then import to iTunes and hot sync? Or, if you have the cord that came with your camera, save the $8 and just move them directly to your computer from the camera.

You are trying to complicate a pretty simple process.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i simply email then ti my self, open the attachment which askes what you want to open with, job done (and for even less than 8$ (but then i'm a tight wad lol!)

OP
R

Redbournite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Received cf card connector from Photojojo. I was informed by email that it was compatible with iPad 3 , but it came with 30pin connector with no lightning adapter. No point in returning as company is US based. Have ordered correct adapter but the card adapter will have cost over £80 once one has added in carriage. Will report later if it works!!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Received cf card connector from Photojojo. I was informed by email that it was compatible with iPad 3 , but it came with 30pin connector with no lightning adapter. No point in returning as company is US based. Have ordered correct adapter but the card adapter will have cost over £80 once one has added in carriage. Will report later if it works!!!!

The iPad 3 has a 30 pin connector, so they were correct. Only the iPad 4 (4th generation), iPad Mini, and iPhone 5 have lightning connectors. So far, anyway.

OP
R

Redbournite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, should have said I did ask in my email was it compatible with lightning connector. " we have CF cards ... Wwith newest lightning connector" quote from firm. Thus I would give Photojojo a miss,,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, should have said I did ask in my email was it compatible with lightning connector. " we have CF cards ... Wwith newest lightning connector" quote from firm. Thus I would give Photojojo a miss,,

Ahhh. Yes that would be a miss. If your email mentioned both the iPad 3 and Lightning connector they should have had the sense to ask before answering.

Looking forward to hearing how you new purchase turns out.

OP
R

Redbournite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works well with the additional 30 to lightning connector so alls well that ends well.....but £80 for the CF transfer is rather steep!!

Reaction score
Ok I am new to this and I haven't had my iPad 4 very long. I do a lot of photography I have the card reader to my iPad. I edit all of my pics on here it has a lot of photo editor apps however my questions is what device do I need for my iPad 4 for me to load all of my edit photos to a flash card for developing or is there a easier way that is less costly?

Most reactions