What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download CF card to iPad?

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my thought: To save camera battery life, how about connecting a Compact Flash card reader to the Apple Photo Connector dodad's USP slot. I have not tried it yet since I'm out-and-about without the reader at hand. Thoughts anyone??

BJ
Sacramento

OP
anonaboat

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hummmm....after doing some addition on-line reseach I found two common threads: The CF card reader MUST BE POWERED and there have been some cases of the CF card failing after the download procedure. Again...thoughts and/or comments??

BJ

manitou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a link to a video Terry White made talking about getting photos from a compact flash card onto the iPad. The card reader he used in the video is not powered (at least as far as I could tell).
Wow, being a newbie I can't post a link until I have 3 or more posts. So do a Google search for "Terry White iPad Compact Flash" and you should be able to see the link to the video.

OP
anonaboat

anonaboat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely PERFECT! He used a Belkin reader and even put in an Amazon link for it. Terry's the man! Thanks for the tip...

BJ

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Careful guys before spending. This is dated news... Things have changed with OS 4.2. I had the unfortunate experience to have MemoryStick reader become unusable when I installed that OS.

Find a way to try the device instore first!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only thing I see is not practical but you can transfer your data from a CF to an SD on a computer. It's not practical on the road...

You're better off to use the camera instead and invest in batteries and mobile chargers.

You could use the Belkin but as I said, find a place where you can try it first.

Most reactions

Latest posts