What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring kindle books to Ipad?

BLee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I transfer my kindle books and games to my Ipad? and will I be able to keep them on my kindle also?
THANKS
BLee:)

Marabou Muddler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Amazon and download the free iPad app to your iPad. Once you set it up, it should automatically download your books.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please let us know if you can also get any magazines or newspapers you have from the Kindle. The last time I checked iPad-only Kindle users couldn't buy magazines.

chalito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, I did that,but files that where not buy from Amazon they don't work.
The files .azw or .pcr you are allowed to read them in the Kindle PC.
Anyclues about it?
Best Regards

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, I did that,but files that where not buy from Amazon they don't work.
The files .azw or .pcr you are allowed to read them in the Kindle PC.
Anyclues about it?
Best Regards

Get Calibre to convert your other ebooks to an epub format and then you can bring them into the iBooks app on your iPad.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You get the Kindle app from iTunes on your PC or the App Store on your iPad, not from Amazon. Once you start the Kindle app, it will ask you to sign in and all you have to do is use the same username and password that you use for your Kindle. Once you do that, everything will be in your Archive and all you have to do is download them to your iPad in order to read them.

You can't use Calibre to convert Kindle books that you purchased to another format because they are protected by DRM. You have to use a Kindle or the Kindle app unless you unwrap the DRM.... which is something we do not discuss on this forum!

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You get the Kindle app from iTunes on your PC or the App Store on your iPad, not from Amazon. Once you start the Kindle app, it will ask you to sign in and all you have to do is use the same username and password that you use for your Kindle. Once you do that, everything will be in your Archive and all you have to do is download them to your iPad in order to read them.

You can't use Calibre to convert Kindle books that you purchased to another format because they are protected by DRM. You have to use a Kindle or the Kindle app unless you unwrap the DRM.... which is something we do not discuss on this forum!

Yes, but a couple of posts up, one poster said the ebooks he/she had that were not purchased from Amazon weren't in the right format.

Calibre will convert those, as long as they're not DRMed, into an epub format that the iPad can display. Did it with mine.

Last edited:

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any non-Amazon books you will either have to convert to another format or ask the publisher for new versions. If they are public domain books (older books) I recommend getting Stanza for iPad and going to Project Gutenberg or Feedbooks for new copies.

The Kindle App for iOS does not yet support magazine and newspaper subscriptions. However, the Android version of the Kindle App just added this feature so I suspect the iOS version to be on the way. The biggest problem has been getting Apple to allow publishers to sell subscriptions on the Apple devices. Apple wants a cut of the profits for all content on the IPad.

chalito

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, it was a retoric question in how to use files in Kindle for iPad, that where not buy from amazon. To read books I have the Kindle DX that it is much better and lighter than tha iPad. I convert files using Caliber. PDF files in the iPad look great.
Best Regards

Most reactions