What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring iCloud Drive files to PC?

fig4159

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iCloud storage plan, but all our iPads broke. I want to cancel the plan but first, I need to copy our files (1.5GB!) to my PC.

How can I select all files at once? If that's not possible, what's the best &/or fastest way to select (and move) multiple files?

Thanks so much!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

As already suggested, log into iCloud via a browser on your computer - you will need an Apple ID and a password - if accepted then the first screen below should appear - select 'iCloud Drive' - see what files are stored in your 'cloud drive' - select those desired and click on the download cloud (second pic) - I've only started to use this feature, so not much there at the moment. Let us know your results - good luck! Dave :)
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 12.48.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 12.50.03 PM.png

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
I do this all the time, and have never synced with iTunes! Downloading the full icloud for windows also gets you increased connectivity and files on your PC. My Pc actually shares the favorites bar and bookmarks with my Apple devices. If I bookmark on one, the others automatically have it too.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I use both. iCloud for Windows lets me easily access most of the documents I keep on the iPad/iCloud from my PC laptop. On the opposite end, I access OneDrive in iFiles on the iPad to get to most of my PC files. Bot require a bit of disiplin, in that I need to make sure I save the files to iCloud or OneDrive, not locally. If you keep and use both platforms, this is pretty handy.

iCloud.com can even do a few things that you can’t do on the iPad, at least at the moment. Of course, there a lot of things you can’t do as well. Most importantly, you can access it from any reasonably modern browser. It’s ideal for occasional access to files, mail, and other main apps. Just make sure you sign out after you are done, so no one can come behind you and wreck havoc.

Link to iCloud for Windows download.
Apple - Support - Downloads

Most reactions

Latest posts