What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring files without wifi/3g or iTunes?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have Internet access otherbthan work? You could always Dropbox from work pc and grab the files down to the iPad from alternate Internet source (home, starbucks, McDs)

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...and recently all Apple software on PC was banned.

This seems ironic to me because one of my jobs is in an extremely secure environment, and we are moving toward Apple.

Do you mind if I ask you more about this, and why somebody would just up and ban Apple software?

iPadowned

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With no wifi/3g dropbox won't work as a transfer medium.

Now that we have no iTunes on the computers, that won't work as a transfer medium.

Can't plug in a wi-fi card into my work desktop, as that will cause a huge stink.

I remember seeing a link once to a USB flash drive that generated it's own WiFi, does anyone remember what that is?

I am also trying to find a way through this too. At my school the iPad is very useful but since I don't have 3G and the networks are hidden, I can't find a way through this. :ipad-keyboard:

Most reactions

Latest posts