What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring apps question

hurley1229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all let me tell you my situation. We have 6 adopted kids, all with various special needs. We are also a home schooling family. I have 1 ipad original 32gb. I would like to purchase a 2nd ipad just for the kids to use for their math, speech etc. I have purchased several apps for the kids that are currently on my ipad. Is it possible to transfer the educational and game apps to the new ipad and delete from mine? Do I need a seperate itunes account? I'm not trying to get the apps on both ipads, I just want mine back and for the kids to have their own. Thanks for your help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure you can transfer the apps to the new iPad. Just hook it up to iTunes (no separate account needed) and put the apps you want on it. iTunes will enable/allow you to keep what's on each iPad separate, if that's what you wish.

However, you don't have to remove any app from your old iPad. You're perfectly allowed to have your apps loaded on both iPads.

Hope that alleviates any concerns. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
are you gonna be managing both iPads on 1 or 2 computers?

OP
hurley1229

hurley1229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:

Just one for now. I hope to get the two visually impaired children a Mac mini. They each have a 46" monitor but no PC right now. Would using two computers cause problems?

OP
hurley1229

hurley1229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sure you can transfer the apps to the new iPad. Just hook it up to iTunes (no separate account needed) and put the apps you want on it. iTunes will enable/allow you to keep what's on each iPad separate, if that's what you wish.

However, you don't have to remove any app from your old iPad. You're perfectly allowed to have your apps loaded on both iPads.

Hope that alleviates any concerns. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

That sounds like what I need to do. Thank you

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:

Just one for now. I hope to get the two visually impaired children a Mac mini. They each have a 46" monitor but no PC right now. Would using two computers cause problems?

what computer do you have?

1 pc is the better choice, more organized this way, but 1 iTunes account is allowed to be tied to 5 pc's, you authorize them.

if you're gonna be grabbing the mac mini, the newest one doesn't have a cd/dvd bay, for if you already have visually impaired cd/dvd's to slip in.

Once you sync the other iPad to the pc, it should sync your iTunes account, if not check this out, if blank just sign in.

ipad35.png

OP
hurley1229

hurley1229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I think I will stay with one PC, I need simple right now. Just need to find a good deal on a iPad 1 16 gb! Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts