What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to not lose apps when syncing to another account

brathert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I work at a special needs school and we have a communication app that parents want on their ipad. Is there a way to get that app on their ipads without losing their apps? We have transfered their purchases, but then we get so many apps on our computer. We would just like to add the communication app. If you turn the delete option off in the restrictions does that keep apps from being deleted during syncing? Once we download the app is there a way for them not to lose it when they sync on their computer?

Thanks,
brathert

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I work at a special needs school and we have a communication app that parents want on their ipad. Is there a way to get that app on their ipads without losing their apps? We have transfered their purchases, but then we get so many apps on our computer. We would just like to add the communication app. If you turn the delete option off in the restrictions does that keep apps from being deleted during syncing? Once we download the app is there a way for them not to lose it when they sync on their computer?

Thanks,
brathert

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to share apps between different Apple IDs. The only thing I can recommend is that the parents have to purchase the app themselves for their own iPads. That way it's tied to their account and will not get deleted. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions