What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfering from a 2 to a retina mini and a couple of funnies happened

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Transferred from a 3 to an Air and had a few niggles that were solved with help from you marvellous people.

So I went into both the 2 and the mini setting all the things that I want synced.

The 2 (my daughter's) has never been attached to iTunes....

I backed up the 2 and restored on the mini but the apps didn't come across. So I went to the 2 and transferred purchases.

There are 98 apps. 59 synced okay but 39 wouldn't come down off the 2. :(. It kept saying it was "not Authorised". But it was and to confirm I authorised it again and it said "already authorised".

I remember that in my last transfer I couldn't transfer 3 angry birds apps to my iPhone. That wasn't a major problem as I didn't particularly want them on anyway. I bought all 6 angry birds but I had authorising problems with 3....

Am I doing something wrong? Whatever it is affected both transfers. :(

I will do a search for "not authorised" NOW probably wrong way round. :D. And should have done it BEFORE creating this thread....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you authorise the computer for both iPads? In iTunes. It sounds like you have more than one Apple ID so transferring purchases works on each id if you get my drift. Our team will add more to this discussion. Just my 10 cents worth.

Colin

OP
louwin

louwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sounds like you have more than one Apple ID so transferring purchases works on each id if you get my drift.

Colin

Thanks, never thought of that :)

My daughter confirmed she used her husband's ID sometimes (when she ran out of credit).... :D

And I DID have another ID for a short while :)

Will now try to remember the other IDs (rofl)

What happened to the smilies????

Most reactions