What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Sync Issue

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I took my PC to a computer shop. Without my consent they went and formatted my computer without backing anything up. Anyway I have an iPad 2 with over 100 apps on it. I have installed the latest version of iTunes from the Apple website and then plugged my ipad in.

First of all it is saying that the iPad isn't linked with this "iTunes" library and needs to erase everything on the iPad and then "update" it from 5.0.1 to 5.1. I do not want this to happen.

I have also signed in on iTunes so that I can access the store and download apps etc aswell as doing this I have also Authorised my PC so I have 1 pc out of my allocated 5 computers to use my account on.

Now what i'm wanting to do is right click the name of my iPad and "Transfer" my applications across so that it's in iTunes. This will not happen! When I do click it I get this message pop up saying that I need to Authorise the account. - This is strange as like i've said above I have already authorised my account.

Another issue I'm having is the fact that when I go on to the App Store application my ipad and try to update an app for example "Twitter" I click on it and it then says "Cannot connect to App Store" I'm really starting to get anoyyed with this now as its been an ongoing issue for myself for the past week.

Is anyone else having or had this problem and knows a fix? Is it me or is it an Apple problem?

Charetti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I get the "Cannot Connect to App Store" message, I wait a few minutes, then try again. If it still happens, I reboot my wi-fi router and the problem goes away. Good luck!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For the first problem, it's asking you to authorize iTunes on the computer. You may not remember doing this before, since it is a one time thing. Go to the Store menu in iTunes (on the computer) and choose authorize. You'll be asked for your Apple ID and password.

The second problem: Go to the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store (on iPad). You'll either see a Sign In button or your Apple ID. If it says Sign In, do so. If not then tap the button and sign out. Then tap it again and choose to sign in. (don't choose to create a new account).

It would not hurt to try a restart before doing this.

OP
N

NEOBAHAMUT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi again. I've managed to sort this out. So I was on 5.0.1 and wanted to downgrade to 4.3.3 also. I managed to downgrade my iPad and got it back on "the golden firmware" it now is working as normal.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ah. Next time you should mention that you are jailbroken (or post in the Hacking section).

Someone who actually know what to do might chime in. I'm afraid I know little about jailbreaking (though that might be about to change). ;)

Glad you got it figured out.

syedqurat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The solution is actually pretty straightforward. You need to reset your iTunes Sync History (in iTunes choose Edit/Preferences/DeviceHistory/Reset Sync History). Doing this should have you syncing properly in no time.

Most reactions

Latest posts