What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring files (not only photo, video etc)

arttext

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to be able to transfer all kinds of files from my iPad 2 on 4.3.5 (so not alas jailbroken, just purchased it) to my PC. So far I tried 4 applications running on my pC and none of them sees the (connected) iPad.
Quickoffice HD does the job but only for it's native files and so does phote transfer for video or photo with
192.168.1.13:4242 or 192.168.1.13:4242 (ip of course depending on one's network setup)

Any suggestions?

OP
arttext

arttext

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank for your reply, but these are either app specific solutions and/or pc2pad only and I need them to go the other way around.:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about using a remote desktop program, such as Splashtop, to connect to your PC? Or, of course, you can always email the files that you want to move from your iPad to your PC.

Tim

OP
arttext

arttext

iPF Noob
Reaction score
transferring files

Thanks again for the answer.

Still, it's a bloody shame that all these commercial programs don't work as advertised. I suppose people have paid for those. I didn't however, befor trying, since I'm a noob (well. only on the iPad then) nor crazy.
I think Dropbox will be my best choice then since I already have an account that's used by PKGbackup on my iPhone.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If app's don't meet your need you can always get a refund. Call the Apple toll-free Support Line with your iTunes transaction reference number and you'll be given a refund as a credit to your iTunes account.

Tim

mrrefloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Putting said files into Dropbox or soon into iCloud would be the easiest way to transfer any type of file to and from an iPad

ashley69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrrefloyd said:
Putting said files into Dropbox or soon into iCloud would be the easiest way to transfer any type of file to and from an iPad

I urgently need to transfer my contacts from my iPad to my new MacBook (my first)very nice one.
I need to do this urgently.
Can anyone help.
Cheers
Ash

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ashley69 said:
I urgently need to transfer my contacts from my iPad to my new MacBook (my first)very nice one.
I need to do this urgently.
Can anyone help.
Cheers
Ash

Have a look here.......http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1296

I hope you enjoy your MacBook, I know that I do mine.....you might also like to join us on our sister forum appleforums.net

The Archangel

ashley69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Have a look here.......http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1296

I hope you enjoy your MacBook, I know that I do mine.....you might also like to join us on our sister forum appleforums.net

The Archangel

Phew. That worked.
I have been using iTunes for putting music on iPods for quite a few years now.
Then I got my iPad and have inadvertently wiped stuff off now and again so I am always a bit wary.
I was unsure about the syncing of the contacts and that was the reason for asking the question.
On the support page it states that you should see an option to sync contacts to MacBook but that was not there in my iTunes.
Anyway I just ticked sync all and it worked.
Thanks for the help.
Loving the MacBook after years of windows.
Cheers
Ash

Most reactions