What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer photos from ipad3 to pc

KOTG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to transfer photos from ipad3 to pc? Using iTunes it seems that ican only transfer photos from pc to iPad! Thanks, KOTG

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
http://www.ipadforums.net/regional-ipad-groups/

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-5/id470308101?mt=11
http://itunes.apple.com/sg/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-5.1/id509611900?mt=11

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to transfer photos from ipad3 to pc? Using iTunes it seems that ican only transfer photos from pc to iPad! Thanks, KOTG

When you connect your iPad to your computer, it should create a drive of the iPad. On a Windows machine, you can use Windows Explorer to browse to the iPad picture file. The folder is labeled DCIM and if you open it (and maybe have to go into a few more folders), you can access all the pictures that are on the iPad. Then, you can copy them of to your computer.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One you hook your charger cord to your computer, you can copy data and items from the iPad to the computer.
By the way, welcome to the forums!

mikedeanellis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iCloud on and it moved the pictures to my laptop automatically. I take a picture and within 60 seconds it is on my computer. It is called photo stream.

OP
K

KOTG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
When you connect your iPad to your computer, it should create a drive of the iPad. On a Windows machine, you can use Windows Explorer to browse to the iPad picture file. The folder is labeled DCIM and if you open it (and maybe have to go into a few more folders), you can access all the pictures that are on the iPad. Then, you can copy them of to your computer.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

I eventually managed to transfer. As soon as IPAD connected to PC iTunes was opened and enabled me to import pics.

Many Thanks,

KOTG

OP
K

KOTG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikedeanellis said:
I have iCloud on and it moved the pictures to my laptop automatically. I take a picture and within 60 seconds it is on my computer. It is called photo stream.

I have iCloud set up but it did not upload pics automatically. I suspect that initially this may have been to the quantity of pics - Bought IPAD in states while on holiday and transferred Large numbers using camera card reader! That said I have since taken some pics with IPAD camera but these will not transfer to PC via iCloud. I have photo stream ON yet it will not work!

Thanks for your help.

OP
K

KOTG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
City said:
One you hook your charger cord to your computer, you can copy data and items from the iPad to the computer.
By the way, welcome to the forums!

Yes, it finally worked. many Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts