What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer of PDF files

gad5264

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be watching this closely but I am interested in transferring from a pc if that makes any difference.

thanks in advance

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get the app ReadPDF you can use drop box to add PDF files if you use the free version you only get to put 3 PDFs at a time but it does work good.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have a variety of ways, it depends on what app you plan on using them with. If it's ibooks just drag and drop the files ( I haven't tried doing a whole folder ) into the itunes page labeled books. Then sync your ipad, and make sure you have sync books checked.

If you are using another app, you may be able to download over a wireless network, check the apps support page for directions.

OP
D

ddrmr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get the app ReadPDF you can use drop box to add PDF files if you use the free version you only get to put 3 PDFs at a time but it does work good.
Thank you SO MUCH! That did the trick. Now I just have to figure out how to seperate the groups of files into their respective manufacturers. Right now they are all just alphabetized into one folder. Luckily I know each manufacturer's model #'s.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fastest solution: GoodReader synchs via iTunes on the PC. I would assume it also works with Macs.

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com
I used this and worked for me but I haven tried an entire folder, just single files. Now that you mention this I am going to try it myself and see what happens.

"Drag the PDF over to your LIBRARY section in iTunes and it will be added to the Books tab". Then you need to sync with your iPad.

There is a lot of info in this page
How to iOS 4.0 - Computing.Net

Most reactions

Latest posts