What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer pdf file to ibooks

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I how do I transfer PDF files to my iBooks app on my iPad from my laptop running windows 7

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easiest way is to email them to yourself and then, touch the attachment and you'll be offered the 'Open in iBooks' option. If you have GoodReader, you can transfer them 'en masse' over WiFi.

Tim

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is good reader better than ibooks? its just that i got offerd to download ibooks from the appstore and want to see what it is like to read books on it

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just did an easyer way lol just dragged and dropped the books into the books section on my device through itunes :)

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok got all this sorted now and i know how to transfer pdf to epub but how do you move a book to another custom shelf in ibooks ?? like i created a new collections called magazines so i have a magazine in books but want it in magazines

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - you're moving fast!! Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know how you managed it!!

Tim

OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol, thanks i dont like to mess around lol i like to get things done as quick as possible lol

just this last step to get through and all is good on that bit :) if you know how to do that that would be great

thanks

Last edited:
OP
P

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok im all done i found out how to move books to a new collection it was simple realy lol

click edit in top right corner of ibook click on the book you want to move then click on move in the top right corner then a drop down menu will show with a list of created collections pick your desired one and done :)

thanks im all done with this thread you can do as you wish with it :)

urazyjazzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Hi! You can take out your own thread for assistance. You are hi-jacking the OP's thread which is against the rules.

Sorry man. Because it was about pdfs I thought I could have asked a question about it. By the way I started a thread almost a month ago and nobody even bothered saying "sorry we dont know".... :(

cepelo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like dropbox for syncing a bunch of different file types with good reader, including PDF and txt that I was previously reading on my kindle.

Most reactions