What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Kindle book to IPad

donebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course, it's not as simple as the subject sounds.

I borrowed my daughters Kindle and purchased a book on it, using her account. A few weeks later my family gave me an IPad for my birthday. How do I transfer my book from her Kindle, under her name, to my IPad? Thank you.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Of course, it's not as simple as the subject sounds.

I borrowed my daughters Kindle and purchased a book on it, using her account. A few weeks later my family gave me an IPad for my birthday. How do I transfer my book from her Kindle, under her name, to my IPad? Thank you.

Your daughter will have to authorize the iPad under her account. Then, you can download the book to your iPad. I don't know if you can authorize more than one account per Kindle (or app) - so I don't know if you'll still be able to access YOUR account.

That's the best way I know. Good luck and happy reading.

Marilyn

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to clarify - you can only have a Kindle or Kindle App registered to one Amazon account at any time, so the OP will have to deregister the Kindle App on the iPad, and re-register using the daughter's details. Once you've finished the book you can deregister the iPad from your daughter's account and re-register it under your own.

Be aware that whilst your iPad is registered to her account, you will have full access to your daughter's Kindle library on the iPad - and don't try and read the book at the same time as your daughter as Amazon's 'whispersync' bookmarking will always lose someone's place!

Another option might be to see if your daughter can lend you the book; I think this is a US-only feature (you don't say where you are) and it is up to the publisher of the book whether this is enabled to not; there's more on this from Amazon here.

HTH Pete

Forhad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just Download the Kindle app from the app store then open the app and sign in to the account using the username,password of your daughter.

OP
D

donebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will I need to log using her ID to read just the one book or for any other books I download. Or, is it just a one time thing? Thx.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Once you authorize that Kindle app on your daughter's account, that's it. You can download any book without having to log in again. The only time you'd have to do more logging in is if you want to switch accounts. But, then, once you switched - you won't have to log in again...

Marilyn

OP
D

donebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I logged on and got the book but when I tried to deregister as her, so I could log in with my own account, it showed that I would lose the book. Do I just read it and then "lose" it? Is there a way to move it to my iBooks? Thx.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, there is no way for you to keep the book if you are not logged into that account. I'm not sure if Amazon has a lending program, but normally, only the account that bought the book can read the book. And, that book can only be read on devices that are registered and authorized to that account.

Books cannot be transferred between accounts. The only option (if you don't want to stay logged in to read the book) is to buy it on your account.

Sorry.

Marilyn

salisr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Transfer shared books from Amazon

Just Download the Kindle app from the app store then open the app and sign in to the account using the username,password of your daughter.

Thank you it worked like a charm! :thumbs up

Most reactions

Latest posts