What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touchscreen Goes Haywire

Wildhog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad mini screen replaced, the replaced screen wasn't working with my smart cover so I went back and they replaced it again.

Now I'm having a problem where I'm typing and random letters appear, or apps open by themselves, and other "phantom" touches where the iPad acts like there was a screen touch when there was not.

Is this another screen problem or is something else wrong?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be a defective touch screen or the Touch IC chip was damaged during screen replacement. If Apple did the repair, go back and let them know. It would take a full diagnostic to tell for sure exactly what's causing the problem.

OP
W

Wildhog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to a local shop to get the screen replaced. They have a lifetime warranty so they'll replace the screen again for free.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to a local shop to get the screen replaced. They have a lifetime warranty so they'll replace the screen again for free.
Will you be covered if it’s not the screen that’s the problem but another component that may have been damaged during the screen replacement.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've heard that iPad screens can be very hard to replace. That's why I put a screen protector on mine to keep my real screen from getting hurt.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard that iPad screens can be very hard to replace. That's why I put a screen protector on mine to keep my real screen from getting hurt.
While a screen protector will protect your screen from surface scratches and some impacts, it can’t protect against failure of the touch screen or internal electronic components

Most reactions

Latest posts