What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touchscreen Frozen

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Used Mini last night and all was fine. Unplugged headphones and tried to tap an app and nothing happens. Double click Home and three open apps show but clicking doesn’t work. It’s as if my screen has no ability to recognize a touch.

How do I fix this without resetting it? I don’t have a backup ...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried pressing the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart? It may not work but no data will be lost.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried pressing the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons and wait for the iPad to restart? It may not work but no data will be lost.

Thanks. Just did that and the logo appeared for one minute. Then it went dark.

It seems I’ll have to push a pen into the hole in back and reset it. I’ll wait for y’all to respond in case there another way.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There’s no hole in the back of an iPad to insert a pen for resetting.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There’s no hole in the back of an iPad to insert a pen for resetting.

Hm. Must be another device that did the reset that way. My amnesia doesn’t help me...

Anyway, last night i forgot it was dead and opened it. Went to “slide to unlock” and it worked! So thank you for fixing me! The reset your way did work but seeing the black screen threw me off. I’m glad I checked it due to amnesia!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad your iPad is working, thanks for letting us know. If you have any other problems or questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Most reactions

Latest posts