What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad mini not recognised on any computer

Reaction score
Hi

I am having trouble with my daughter's ipad mini. Last night I tried to connect it to iTunes to add some music for her and my computer does not recognise it - it doesn't even come up with Device unknown or anything like that. I unplugged it and plugged in my iphone and it synced to iTunes straight away. Then I plugged in my older daughter's ipad air and it worked fine. Then I plugged the ipad mini back in and nothing happens.

I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it, nothing changed. I brought it to work with me and connected it to our iMac and nothing comes up at all anywhere which is making me think it is the ipad and not the computer.

Can someone please help, we only got this back in September and my little girl is devasted.

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am having trouble with my daughter's ipad mini. Last night I tried to connect it to iTunes to add some music for her and my computer does not recognise it - it doesn't even come up with Device unknown or anything like that. I unplugged it and plugged in my iphone and it synced to iTunes straight away. Then I plugged in my older daughter's ipad air and it worked fine. Then I plugged the ipad mini back in and nothing happens.

I uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it, nothing changed. I brought it to work with me and connected it to our iMac and nothing comes up at all anywhere which is making me think it is the ipad and not the computer.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Let's start simply (and I'm assuming you may not have given this suggestion a try, if so, then sorry) - Reset the iPad, i.e. hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release and let the device reboot (no apps, data, or settings will be lost) - try again to cable to your iTunes. Let us know - Dave

OP
B
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Let's start simply (and I'm assuming you may not have given this suggestion a try, if so, then sorry) - Reset the iPad, i.e. hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, release and let the device reboot (no apps, data, or settings will be lost) - try again to cable to your iTunes. Let us know - Dave
Thank you.

I hadn't tried that before but have just done it and no success :(

Any other ideas?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you.
I hadn't tried that before but have just done it and no success :(
Any other ideas?

Sure - :) And sorry that the reset did not help - often a simple and effective maneuver - now I'm assuming that you held both buttons and the Apple logo appeared before release - correct?

First, how many iDevices do you have 'authorized' for your computer (BTW, you need to give us more information - are you using a PC or Mac and what OS is installed?) - please see this Apple Support Article on how many devices can be associated w/ one computer (assume you are under the 5 limit).

Second, make sure that iTunes is updated to the most recent version depending on your computer's OS - Force Quit iTunes (go the the Apple menu -> Force Quit), then reboot your computer - give the cabled iPad attachment another try. Let us know - Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts