What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Frozen & Needs Defrosting!

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad Mini froze up on me last night. I swiped down and accidentally got the Notifications screen. I swiped up but it froze halfway up. I shut it but it came back the same. You can see half the background app but clicking doesn’t work. I slide to shut down but that won’t work as the screen is under the Notifications screen.

I recharged, thinking it would reset, but I’m still frozen. No backup if I have to reset

So, how do I defrost besides learning to reset and lose everything? I can’t download from the App
Store as I don’t know my password. Email today said March 6th it would be reset. A week to reset a password???

I was thinking of sending the apps via email as I’d do in Windows but remembered you can’t. So, I can hopefully recover by defrosting, or reset and wait a week to install apps.

Usually this iPad runs out of battery in five hours. I’ve got ten percent left before I go to iPhone. That tiny keyboard isn’t fun .

Help, please. Defrost me, please, or tell me how to reset (I’ve got amnesia, seriously, for ten years, so can’t remember how other than using an ink pen?)

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hold your on/off switch and the home button down at the same time until the Apple appears on your screen then release them both. Wait till it reboots and all should be well.

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, iPad mini two I believe, with latest update done a few nights ago

OP
Pinkipad2

Pinkipad2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hold your on/off switch and the home button down at the same time until the Apple appears on your screen then release them both. Wait till it reboots and all should be well.

Thank you! Typing from the Mini right now. I truly appreciate it. Any idea why it froze? Or, noticing it’s at 9%, why it didn’t recharge?

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah it should work like normal now. I had to get a new charging cable for mine when my old cable started being wierd and not charging.

Most reactions

Latest posts