What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 iPad Games

ericaricardo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYTimes crossword app? Is it anything like Across Lite (what they use for the computer)? I have some real problems with Across Lite, like the lack of ability for multiple person play, for instance.

Seems like iPad might also run into trouble with inserting multiple letters and strange characters (especially for those tricky Thursday puzzles).

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Warpgate HD is awesome. Although I think the potential is there to improve it immensely by adding some sort of multiplayer, even if it's just for trading, sort of n eve online lite.

Other than that, pinball HD is great. I already had plants vs zombies, angry birds, peggle, and bejewelled on touch, and they are all great, even when scaled up. Not a big fan of flight control though. Pocket legends is really naff - I had such high hopes, and it's just lacking in so many areas.

And I am disappointed that plants vs zombies doesn't have all the extras of the pc version :(

tripad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love Real Racing, PvZ, GodFinger, Air Hockey, Sam&Max, TouchGrind...
iPad is actually a great gaming device as well...you gotta love it:)

Joker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
*Updated List*

10-Fruit Ninja HD
9-Tiki Towers
8-Flight Control HD
7-What the difference
6-Glass Tower (1,2)
5-FieldRunners
4-success story
3-Inkvaders
2-Angry Birds HD
1-Plants vs Zombies HD

Alling

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
simonalling.webs.com
Doodle Jump of course! It's an iPhone game, but it really works great on the iPad!

My high score is 50,599. I'll bet you'll beat that pretty quickly.

EDIT: Now it's 99,401 and I just CAN'T beat it! Tried for more than 3 hours (active playing time). :(

Last edited:

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best "match 3" game I've played so far is piyo blocks 2. The iPad version is harder than the touch/iPhone version - rather than having the same amount of blocks on screen as the touch version, it has a he'll of a lot more - so if you aren't used to this type of game, I'd recommend the touch version. It still looks great, but the iPad version is gorgeous - it's so bright and colourful it's unreal :)

Ultron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fruit Ninja HD - the best one out of the first few apps I tried.

Dukins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorites are
angry birds
asphalt 5
bonsai blast
cut the rope
glow hockey
lets golf2
nfs shift
pinball hd