What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 iPad Apps according to Wired

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re comics, there's a comic version of James Joyce's "Ulysses" in the App Store. Definitely not for children or other small-minded folk. Comics are, indeed, a medium—

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, Reeder is garbage...close but major fail!

They got all fancy with swiping up and down to go to the next article, or you have to use your left hand (uncomfortable), and if you try to scroll with your right thumb (as i do in safari) it almost always wants to swipe right, which goes back to the list.

Seemed like a good idea if they would get rid of the useless left/right swipe to go back and also just make the next article like iBook where you just tap the right side of the screen for next and the left for previous!!

I like the gray look, its a little easier on the eyes...but as with most RSS readers the navigation sucks...so once again I go back to Google Reader on safari, which also has crappy navigation, but is at least fast!

endlessct9a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem with these "lists" is that they are pointless.... for example:

1. I don't read comics. I've graduated from the second grade.

2. I don't want to read a British newspaper as my news source; furthermore why would you include Reeder (which I use for all my news) and then suggest an ADDITIONAL newspaper app, from a website that has it's own RSS feed?

3. Air Display only works on Macs....from a poll here only about 50% or so of iPad users are also Mac users.

4. eTude is only for people that read sheet music.

The Guardian Eyewitness is an app that highlights just the spectacular news photography that they publish on their website. It's a awesome app that also includes pro tips on achieving some of the techniques used in the displayed shot.

And frankly, non-US news organizations do a far better job on reporting WORLD news than US sources. Just watch CNN or Fox News vs. BBC World News. Quite the contrast.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe this list - I think they made a lot of this up out of personal preference.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Re comics, there's a comic version of James Joyce's "Ulysses" in the App Store. Definitely not for children or other small-minded folk. Comics are, indeed, a medium—
I heard that Apple had them tame it down or it would not have made their cut. Oh, to be the moral center of the universe like Jobs.

Meh, I use AppShopper.com or App Adivce (the iPad app), these lists are usually redundant with a bunch of stupid choices.

Do these list cydia/rock apps?

bdegrande

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two of the ten (Beejive and Craigslist Pro) and there are probably 50 apps that I like better than either of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts