What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 iPad Free Apps Available

emilyjane918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is top 10 iPad free apps available in the App Store. You might want to go through those before deciding to start purchasing your first iPad-only paid apps. As I said in an earlier post, once you have paid the $499 for the entry-level iPad, shopping will not stop there as you will end up paying a lot of precious cash for content. But here are some apps ready to save you some money. Now, let me recommand the top 10 iPad free apps to you Why do I keep saying free iPad-only apps? Well because all iPhone free and paid apps will work just fine on the iPad too, just as Apple told us back in January! But right now we're exploring just the free iPad apps section of the App Store. In no particular order, here's a quickly compiled list of must-have free iPad-only apps to play with: 1) Netflix. Now we know it's available for the iPad so why not get it already. It could be a very useful tool for iPad to manage your Netflix account without having to turn on your main computer 2) iBooks. The iPad is also a very useful tool for iPad to work as an eBook reader. Why not get this special app and test it out with some free eBooks? We will definitely find lots of free eBooks around the iBookstore soon. 3) The Wall Street Journal. Yes, it has a free version, but it will lack all the extra content the paid version comes with. 4) iPDF Reader. Looking forward to read some work-related, and not only, PDFs? This tiny app will be a useful tool for iPad help you do it. 5) Twitterific for iPad. It's free but it's also a useful tool for iPad to the Premium version in case you need more Twitterific features. What it does is pretty simple: it takes tweeting to a whole new level. If you loved Twitter apps on the iPhone then you'll want an iPad client as soon as humanly possible. 6) iWallpapers Free for iPad. This app is not really a must have but you'll have to personalize your iPad somehow, won't you? And since it doesn't have a camera that will let you take pictures and then use them as wallpapers why not go for a free useful app for iPad that takes care of that default background for you. 7) Uploadingit for iPad. The 16GB iPad will run out of storage space after you finish getting all your apps, eBooks, pictures, movies and videos on it. So you will definitely need some sort of storage alternative out there in the cloud. 8 ) Digital Photo Frame HD. Again, not really a must have but since the iPad also works as a photo frame, you might want a special application to handle all those pictures playlists. 9) MobileNoter for iPad. MobileNoter is a very useful tool for iPad. In the mean time why not start playing with a free iPad application that lets you take down fast notes? 10) Feeddler RSS Reader for iPad. Feeddler RSS Reader is must for iPad. Yes you will say that you want Facebook or Gmail on your iPad and you will be able to get them too. But right now we are focusing on some of the most interesting of the free apps presently listed in the App Store. And there are a lot more coming soon. This list will change in time as more and more developers will offer more and more iPad apps to us, but we had to start somewhere, didn't we?
apple-ipad-top-10-free-ipad-only-apps.jpg

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Feeddler is garbage....the interface is completely non-intuitive and the free version only works for a week.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That reminds me that I need to dl the wall street journal. Thanks for the information!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts