What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

took the plunge today got my first i pad 4

Glockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought my first ipad today 32g ipad for 429.00 wanted to get the air but could not justfy the
Almost 200 price diffrence 429.00 vs 599.00. I have a few questions to ask.
Should i upgrade from ios 6 to 7 or wait a few months?
Next question should i purchase apple care?
Can you tell me a nice hard case for the ipad.

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glockman said:
Just bought my first ipad today 32g ipad for 429.00 wanted to get the air but could not justfy the Almost 200 price diffrence 429.00 vs 599.00. I have a few questions to ask. Should i upgrade from ios 6 to 7 or wait a few months? Next question should i purchase apple care? Can you tell me a nice hard case for the ipad.

Here are the not so short answers...

IOS7 has some bugs and some apps will trigger reboots, but I'm still glad I upgraded. I consider it faster and I like the overall UI and multitasking better. The bugs are minor and will get worked out.

Yes to Apple Care. It buys you an extra year of warranty plus two instances during your contract of, "break it, pay a modest copay, and get a new one". Even the cost or Apple Care plus both copays (assuming you break it twice) is far less than the cost of replacing your iPad once. Though I have never broken my iPad, I have had it start to fail after the one year warranty and had it replaced under Apple Care.

I use the HornetTek Tai Chi case. Really nice two-tone, pleather cover (black outside, your choice or colors inside) and polycarbonate back piece. It's around $29 and I got it at MicroCenter but I'm sure you can find it online at Amazon.

OP
G

Glockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the info
Do you think 429 for a new 32g I pad 4 is a good deal.
Also I was thinking about getting a Mac mini
With the money I saved by not getting
The new air

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glockman said:
Thank you for the info Do you think 429 for a new 32g I pad 4 is a good deal. Also I was thinking about getting a Mac mini With the money I saved by not getting The new air

It looks like a very good deal. And I have it, so I can tell you it's no slouch. I also have a first generation Mac Mini so I can tell they are great too.

I do hope you bought it through a reseller though, as it may not be possible to add Apple Care.,

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! A Mac mini plus an iPad is definitely a better deal than just an iPad air.

I love my 4th gen iPad. The retina screen is amazing and the A6X chip is a beast with its quad core graphics.

gedansky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the info
Do you think 429 for a new 32g I pad 4 is a good deal.
Also I was thinking about getting a Mac mini
With the money I saved by not getting
The new air

May I ask where you bought it? I'm thinking of getting one for my wife.

OP
G

Glockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it at Walmart it also included a Bluetooth speaker.
I hope this helps

PDX_FF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought my first ipad today 32g ipad for 429.00 wanted to get the air but could not justfy the
Almost 200 price diffrence 429.00 vs 599.00. I have a few questions to ask.
Should i upgrade from ios 6 to 7 or wait a few months?
Next question should i purchase apple care?
Can you tell me a nice hard case for the ipad.

Upgrade! Yes. I love iOS 7. I have some friends who are not upgrading but that is because they are paranoid and dont believe me when I instruct them in how to do it properly so they will retain all their stuff that they have on their iPads. Once you upgrade you will be pleasantly surprised. The "whiteness" of iOS 7 was my biggest gripe but have since grown to like it. I have never purchased Apple Care before and I don't intent to start. So to each his/her own.

Lifeproof Nuud for the case. Built to last and it looks pretty good too!

ObiJohnKenobi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I say definitely update to iOS 7! Especially starting off with your first iPad you'll get used to the new UI easier if it's the one you use from the beginning. The iOS 7 UI is the face of Apple mobile devices going forward. I say jump aboard. I have come to love it.

Most reactions

Latest posts