What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

to brave the early morning crowds?

Anubix00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
let me start off by saying, that originally when i first heard about the ipad, i was intrigued, but decided not to buy, since i didnt have a definite use for it. But i was recently promoted at my job, which means frequent trips to China, and the first thing that popped into my head was "Cool, now i have a reason to buy an ipad" i think this will be a great device to take on long plane rides (minus the wifi of course). i plan on using this device as my piece of home i can take abroad, full of books, photos, music etc. needless to say im looking forward to April3, just in time for my first trip to China,...

but now my question,... i live in louisiana, and there are only 2 apple stores in the state, and only one in my area. should i fight the crowds and attempt to get to the apple store when they open, or wait until 2 (an hr before my preorder expires) and hope that the store isnt still crazy with all those people. I just figure that out of my whole area, theres gonna be ALOT of people jam packed in that store ALL DAY...i mean, what are the preorder numbers like? seems like there would be alot...

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yet if you pre-order online the delivery day is 12 April, so i guess first days will be out of stock in shop

CanonicalKoi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having never been to a release day event (other than for Snow Leopard), I can't say how they'll handle things. As it stands, you can wait in line, try to game it by getting there at 2:00 and possibly still having to wait in line or you can have it delivered. If you choose to order it by mail, though, the soonest delivery date seems to have changed to the 12th. So, wait in line for a couple hours or wait at home 9 more days. The horror!!!!! I'm opting for waiting in line, but then, I'm insane.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yet if you pre-order online the delivery day is 12 April, so i guess first days will be out of stock in shop

They upped it to the 12th now??? So they actually sold out of pre-orders??? Man this thing is gonna be pretty huge!

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No interest in waiting in lines here... Plan to arrive right before the reserve cut-off. I'm guessing that will have to process any legitimate holders of reserve ID's that are in line pre 3:00 prior to giving your ipad away. In any event I'm not going to wait either way - if its crazy close to 3 I'll probably let them give my reserve(s) away and wait on the next order.

let me start off by saying, that originally when i first heard about the ipad, i was intrigued, but decided not to buy, since i didnt have a definite use for it. But i was recently promoted at my job, which means frequent trips to China, and the first thing that popped into my head was "Cool, now i have a reason to buy an ipad" i think this will be a great device to take on long plane rides (minus the wifi of course). i plan on using this device as my piece of home i can take abroad, full of books, photos, music etc. needless to say im looking forward to April3, just in time for my first trip to China,...

but now my question,... i live in louisiana, and there are only 2 apple stores in the state, and only one in my area. should i fight the crowds and attempt to get to the apple store when they open, or wait until 2 (an hr before my preorder expires) and hope that the store isnt still crazy with all those people. I just figure that out of my whole area, theres gonna be ALOT of people jam packed in that store ALL DAY...i mean, what are the preorder numbers like? seems like there would be alot...

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can remember going by the mall during the initial release of the iPhone and being shocked at the lines for it. This may be as big or bigger than that and if so, it will be a major media event.

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told that the initial release of Iphone was a first come first serve affair - reserve was not available. I can see crazy lines if there was not a reserve but in this case with reserves I don't see it being an issue since if you show up and have one reserved you will take one home.

I can remember going by the mall during the initial release of the iPhone and being shocked at the lines for it. This may be as big or bigger than that and if so, it will be a major media event.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not the same situation as iphone. Ipad does not require in store activation like the 1 gen iphone did. Which is why we can get home delivery. So no the lines won't be as bad. I don't know why anyone would bother waiting in line when they can just get it delivered anyway.

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not certain that you will have to wait in line -- sure if you go at 9:00 you will probably be in a line but if you go at 9:00 you are probably a line kind of guy.

Reserve is for folks who want to touch an Ipad prior to buying an Ipad and or for folks who's idea of a social activity is standing in line with strangers.

Not the same situation as iphone. Ipad does not require in store activation like the 1 gen iphone did. Which is why we can get home delivery. So no the lines won't be as bad. I don't know why anyone would bother waiting in line when they can just get it delivered anyway.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reserve is for folks who want to touch an Ipad prior to buying an Ipad and or for folks who's idea of a social activity is standing in line with strangers.

LOL last time I stood in a line with a preorder, was for the World of Warcraft expansion release.

Most reactions

Latest posts