What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i found this out a month ago (after having my ipad for almost a year now :D) i usually have my music turned on while my ipad is on sleep mode. well usually, if i want to access the ipod buttons. i have to press home and slide the bar press home button twice. I DISCOVERED that all i have to do is press the home button twice to access those ipod buttons :D ;)

Why did u call the control buttons iPods? That's confusing. I access those video controls same way, by double pressing home button and sliding across til I see video controls. Then I think I just have to put ipad to sleep by turning off power button, but music should keep playing while we are both asleep,lol

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why did u call the control buttons iPods? That's confusing. I access those video controls same way, by double pressing home button and sliding across til I see video controls. Then I think I just have to put ipad to sleep by turning off power button, but music should keep playing while we are both asleep,lol
They didn't call them iPods, they called them iPod controls. They mean the music app controls (as well as other apps of course.)

From the iPad of Goofy8275, iPadForums.net user

BMWrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do u mean even if ur not using them they drain battery just by being there? I have so many I don't use, but haven't deleted them..just in case I may want to

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

Apps that are closed (when you open a different app etc.) typically remain in memory in an inert state unless they are designed to run in the background.
Those static apps do not cause an additional battery drain, but can take up valuable memory. "Deleting" them frees up available memory, but doesn't affect battery/charge life.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apps that are closed (when you open a different app etc.) typically remain in memory in an inert state unless they are designed to run in the background.
Those static apps do not cause an additional battery drain, but can take up valuable memory. "Deleting" them frees up available memory, but doesn't affect battery/charge life.

I don't know much about memory storage, but thanks for telling me it doesn't affect battery, cuz I have to charge my ipad pretty often

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know much about memory storage, but thanks for telling me it doesn't affect battery, cuz I have to charge my ipad pretty often

I learned something new LADT night and at is there is a 128gb iPad 4 out now.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

D

Deleted member 247820

A good repair to a rubber tipped stylus.

I use the standard rubber tipped stylus as shown in the photo attached. (I hope cos I have not tried attaching photos before).
Soon enough the rubber tip breaks away.
Don't throw the stylus away.
Remove the remaining rubber and you should see a brass insert with a small hole in it.
This hole is the perfect size to push half of a cotton bud.
The end result is also shown.
To make it work put a few drops of water on the bud. Every now and then add a couple more drops.
The result is a slightly more accurate stylus that glides better than the original rubber tip.
I use an old eye drop bottle to apply the water.

Attachments

• image-983648418.jpg
    image-983648418.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 338

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A good repair to a rubber tipped stylus.

I use the standard rubber tipped stylus as shown in the photo attached. (I hope cos I have not tried attaching photos before).
Soon enough the rubber tip breaks away.
Don't throw the stylus away.
Remove the remaining rubber and you should see a brass insert with a small hole in it.
This hole is the perfect size to push half of a cotton bud.
The end result is also shown.
To make it work put a few drops of water on the bud. Every now and then add a couple more drops.
The result is a slightly more accurate stylus that glides better than the original rubber tip.
I use an old eye drop bottle to apply the water.

Why would one need a stylus or an iPad ?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, if you're going to be using a drawing app that requires precise strokes, for example, a style might be handy :)

Yes, it helps.

They also come in handy for apps like Penultimate, which is for taking hand written notes. It's still clumsier than a pen and paper, but better than a finger if hand writing or drawing is what the situation calls for.

D

Deleted member 247820

I use a stylus because I then don't have to lift my wrist up from support with every key stroke.
Thus many less muscles used.
You are a young person, do let me warn you that in the years to come you may regret using your whole arm/wrist.

Stylus is more accurate than my fingers where text is small.

My intent was not to push stylus/no stylus, just an alternate ell cheapo!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my stylus to mark up docs, sign my name on things, draw rough sketches (very rough), and after I've just applied hand lotion.

Most reactions