What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dianne137 said:
Running 56 apps really uses up your Battery!No problem if you don't mind being plugged into a short leash.

Have you closed completely the apps you're not using right now? From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press an app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. Apps left open will all use some ram, clearing them will help your iPad run more smoothly.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
That beautiful pic did not show up in my post, but wanted to ask u,Gabriel , how do u post a picture like u did?

I only use the IPF App, if that is what you are using then when you reply use the advanced button and you'll get options to post a photo......

image-347610367.jpg

The Archangel

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I see, bit does it have to be in photos first? Or could u use a URL?
Often wondered about the advanced option so never used it.lol

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought pressing that red minus button deleted it, not just shut it down..?
So what about all the othe apps on the home screen..are they using up battery life too?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I see, bit does it have to be in photos first? Or could u use a URL?
Often wondered about the advanced option so never used it.lol

There is an Image Link option. You would use that for a direct link to an image on the web or cloud (ending with the filename and extension "picture.jpg")

The WebLink is for linking to websites; perhaps YouTube and the like.

Or so I'm guessing. I've never used either.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
I thought pressing that red minus button deleted it, not just shut it down..?
So what about all the othe apps on the home screen..are they using up battery life too?

Those steps are only for apps that you have opened and are in your Multi task bar. If you were to do that on your home screen you will get a white cross and yes apps will be deleted if you press them. No the apps on your screen aren't using battery life themselves but just having your iPad on uses battery.

It's just best to close completely apps you aren't using.

rocki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dianne137 said:
Running 56 apps really uses up your Battery!No problem if you don't mind being plugged into a short leash.

You dont need to run them all! I close most of them after use and battery stays very well. At the moment i have 5 running apps and battery is 12 percent. No need to charge for 2h :) and going to use youtube app and guitar pro

Last edited:

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rocki said:
You dont need to run them all! I close most of them after use and battery stays very well. At the moment i have 5 running apps and battery is 12 percent. No need to charge for 2h :) and going to use youtube app and guitar pro

Good.Being the Ludite that I am it took me ages to figure out that .I had so many running at once that I thought I had an ipad lemon.Now I load any and all apps that tweak my attention offered for free in apps gone free. SO COOL

rocki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dianne137 said:
Good.Being the Ludite that I am it took me ages to figure out that .I had so many running at once that I thought I had an ipad lemon.Now I load any and all apps that tweak my attention offered for free in apps gone free. SO COOL

At first i had same thing - all apps loaded and ipad felt ike old pc :p then i read about multitask bar and woila :)

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do u mean u keep turning off apps that are on ur home page after using them? Seems like more work than charging ipad.lol

What about those u hardly use but are on homepage ..I have more than I want. I try an app and if I don't like it don't use it but its still there!

Sent from my iPad using iPFt

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do u mean u keep turning off apps that are on ur home page after using them? Seems like more work than charging ipad.lol

What about those u hardly use but are on homepage ..I have more than I want. I try an app and if I don't like it don't use it but its still there!

You might benefit from learning some iPad basics at a free Apple workshop:

https://www.apple.com/retail/learn/

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks, please keep this in mind: this is a thread that exists ONLY to share tips and tricks you've discovered while operating your iPad. This is NOT the thread to recommend other apps, ask questions about other apps or post any other off-topic discussion.

As we have said before - please keep this thread on-topic; all others will be deleted without warning.

Thank you.

Marilyn

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rocki said:

Do u mean even if ur not using them they drain battery just by being there? I have so many I don't use, but haven't deleted them..just in case I may want to

Most reactions

Latest posts