What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Difference between iPad and iPod Dock Connector

I happen to have a couple of iPods around the house and as a result a couple of extra dock connector cables. Until last night I was under the impression that they were identical to the iPad dock connector. They're not.

The iPod dock connector has "buttons" on each side that should be pressed when disconnecting from a charger. The iPad does not. As a result you may find it virtually impossible to remove a iPod dock connector from the iPad without the help of pliers. (Don't ask me how I discovered this.)

The two connectors look almost identical to one another so be careful. And if you find you've inserted the wrong cable, don't worry. It works without a problem. Just be sure to remove it from the iPad by pressing the little buttons on the side.

Guill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Movie files from pc/imac to ipad2 with th the Camera connection Kit

If you get that pop up screen requires extra power you must buy an USB powered hub The connection is : from your camera the Usb cable straight in the powered hub , From there the white USB cable from the USB-powered HUB to the Ipad via the CCK.. The same problem is with the music software in Ipad2
I hope it will work. Its the same problem with playing music from an extern midicontroller/keyboard to the I pad2. Just the same problem because Ipad 2 gives to less voltage to make the USB connections work properly. I hope you have the solution.

steveyg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not a tip, just cool!! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jxmHSX2aFY]YouTube - ‪Ipad Adapter‬‏[/ame]

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Do you have a link for that accessory? I'd like to see details. It looks like it'd fit my Bose dock.

Just Google for SGI dock solutions.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Jaxtah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mickey330
Check out this website to learn how to quickly insert punctuation when typing. Instead of tapping the number key, entering the number and then tapping the ABC key, you can just tap/hold/swipe.

The article describes it better than I ever could, so here it is:
Beginner Tip: How to quickly insert punctuation on iPhone and iPad | TiPb

I've used this tip almost every day. Very handy!

Marilyn
I've had my iPad for a year now and never knew those tips to make typing numbers and punctuation easier

Trying them for a bit will delay me jailbreaking as I saw that as the way to get quicker numbers typing by getting a numbers row on the on-screen keyboard.

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm bumping this tip up for all to see again - IMHO this is by far the most useful tip I've come across, especially if you do a lot of typing.

Sent from here  to there on my iPad2 using iPF

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hate the fact that when you go to enter a number, as soon as you hit space, it reverts back to the alpha keyboard. Quite often I will be entering numbers separated by a space so want to remain on the numbers keyboard. I wish you could disable this behaviour. If I hit the button to go into numbers, I'm capable of hitting the same button to go back to letters!

Guill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its a little bit a late reaction and maybe i'm not the one who interfear in others business, BUT...!!! If you have that much of unread emails and just because of due to the fact that they are such a long time in your box, then its my advise select all the mails and simply press the key del. Thats the simple way .
Because if mails are such a long time in your box, I logically understand that they were not important to you so, you dont have to read them . If they were expressposts mails than i should say oke but 1400 common emails. its like a company or you were not at home for two or three months, or indeed they were spam or a virus that multiplies
The amount of 1400 must be deleted because Iam so brutal to say" that the 1400 unread emails, are not important to you otherwise it should never become that amount. sorry fo my interfearness.
Guill from Holland
Maybe i've made some english faults but forgive me for that:ipad-back:

Last edited:

steveyg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Do you have a link for that accessory? I'd like to see details. It looks like it'd fit my Bose dock.

sgidocksolutions.com will be up and running from monday, fits all bose docks, so far it charges the sound dock and series 2, plays through them all.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

sgidocksolutions.com will be up and running from monday, fits all bose docks, so far it charges the sound dock and series 2, plays through them all.

Cool, thanks. I tried the site earlier and wondered why it wasn't working.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A handy one for those with the Camera Connection Kit and imported pictures - at least until IOS 5 comes along - who wish to delete the images.
To delete multiple pictures i.e. a full import when you are finished with it, open the album, tap the 'send to' icon at the top right to edit the images. Now instead of tapping each image individually to select it, you just need to tap one and hold it for a second for the blue check mark to appear and then drag your finger over all the other images and they will be selected too! This is a much quicker way to select hundreds of images instead of tapping each one individually. Now just tap delete all and they are gone.

Most reactions

Latest posts