What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you connect the ipad to a computer with usb connection it shows that it's not charging. However, I noticed it is still slow charging the battery. Try it.
Yes, it's not enough to trigger the charging status but enough to trickle charge the Tablet.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cowan12 said:
When you connect the ipad to a computer with usb connection it shows that it's not charging. However, I noticed it is still slow charging the battery. Try it.

Yes I had discovered that as well.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I need an app that makes the battery last longer. I think that's called the off button. haha

Not quite as effective as the OFF button, turning down screen brightness can help quite a bit. Of course that can make the screen a bit harder to see outside on a sunny day. On the other hand, if all you want is the time, ask Siri.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i found this out a month ago (after having my ipad for almost a year now :D) i usually have my music turned on while my ipad is on sleep mode. well usually, if i want to access the ipod buttons. i have to press home and slide the bar press home button twice. I DISCOVERED that all i have to do is press the home button twice to access those ipod buttons :D ;)

How can ur music play in Sleep mode? Why would u leave it on?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
How can ur music play in Sleep mode? Why would u leave it on?

Sleep mode just means the screen is off (black). You want to be able to play music this way because it's a big power saver. In theory you could play music from your iPad for several days if you left it in sleep mode the whole time, especially if you used the headphones or external speakers with their own power source. The screen is the biggest power drain on the iPad.

If you have auto-lock turned on (and most of us do) the iPad will lock and blank the screen (sleep mode). Most music apps will continue playing. The double tap on the home button is a quick way to control that music without having to unlock and open whatever apps is currently playing.

I consider this a lot more useful on the iPhone (or iPod Touch), but that's because I rarely use the iPad to listen to music. I do keep some tunes on it though, just in case.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sleep mode just means the screen is off (black). You want to be able to play music this way because it's a big power saver. In theory you could play music from your iPad for several days if you left it in sleep mode the whole time, especially if you used the headphones or external speakers with their own power source. The screen is the biggest power drain on the iPad.

If you have auto-lock turned on (and most of us do) the iPad will lock and blank the screen (sleep mode). Most music apps will continue playing. The double tap on the home button is a quick way to control that music without having to unlock and open whatever apps is currently playing.

I consider this a lot more useful on the iPhone (or iPod Touch), but that's because I rarely use the iPad to listen to music. I do keep some tunes on it though, just in case.

I can't seem to get to a black screen. When I press the home button to go off, I get my wallpaper page if that's what u mean, but its not black. U mean music apps like Pandora, not music videos,right! When I double tap the home button I get the task bar at the bottom.

Will have to check if auto lock is on, and hope to have a reply from u by the time I get back, TY

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always turn down brightness cuz it hurts my eyes:-(
Didnt know it was a battery saver too! Would like to learn more about that sleep mode cuz my battery has to be charged every day

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I let the pad go to sleep and now have a black screen, but then how would I get to the music apps without turning it back on? Big question and I hope the last .lol

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BettiBz said:
I let the pad go to sleep and now have a black screen, but then how would I get to the music apps without turning it back on? Big question and I hope the last .lol

If you press the home button twice, the music control will become visible at the top of the screen. You don't need to open the iPad to adjust these settings.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

You can always put the iPad to sleep by pressing the power button, briefly.

As Leelai said, when it's asleep, or you see the lock screen, you double press the home button for the play controls. These usually control whatever music app you were using last.

A second double press of the home button will make them go away.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A lot of people get the power button and the home button confused.

Power button top right

Home button centre bottom

I suppose that also implies you have the iphone/iPad/iPod etc... The right way up!!! Lol

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts