What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TinyUmbrella Alternative

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TinyUmbrella seems to want Java in order to run. Since I don't want Java on my system does anybody know of an alternative program used to grab SHSH blobs that doesn't require the use of Java?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use redsn0w to save your blobs as well, although you do have to download the full IPSW file for the version of IOS you are saving blobs for, which can be a little bit of a pain. However, that said, it's perfectly good and reliable.

In redsn0w, go to Extras > SHSH Blobs > New, and follow the instructions.

See this post if you need more detailed instructions - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/59291-shsh-blobs-faq-2.html#post797224

Also, you can only save blobs which Apple are currently providing. It can't magic up old blobs ;)

Last edited:
OP
Sleaka J

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that I have an iPad 3 and the current version of redsn0w doesn't support the iPad 3.

Edit: Tried it again and it seems to have saved the SHSH blobs this time, last time just kept telling me it didn't support the iPad 3.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I should have mentioned that I have an iPad 3 and the current version of redsn0w doesn't support the iPad 3.

Edit: Tried it again and it seems to have saved the SHSH blobs this time, last time just kept telling me it didn't support the iPad 3.

It does support saving blobs for all devices and all firmwares, so I'm glad you got there in the end! :D

Most reactions