What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed about SHSH Blobs

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you need to be in dfu mode to save the blobs?

Tapatalk'd / iPad Mini

Nope. You actually don't even need your device plugged in. All you need is the ECID of your device to do it without the physical device. Otherwise, just plug the iPhone in and RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella'll grab your ECID for you.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. You actually don't even need your device plugged in. All you need is the ECID of your device to do it without the physical device. Otherwise, just plug the iPhone in and RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella'll grab your ECID for you.

Oh reason I asked was because I downloaded tiny umbrella, hooked the mini up clicked save shsh but nothing shows as saved..

Tapatalk'd / iPad Mini

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you are running the LATEST version of TinyUmbrella and follow this guide - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html (details of where to download it are in the guide)

At the end you should have 6.1 blobs showing in the list (assuming this is the first time you have saved your blobs). If you have any other blobs, saved on Cydia for example, the tutorial will retrieve those too.

Good Luck.

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Edit: never mind figured it out. Got 6.1 saved thanks

Tapatalk'd / iPad Mini

Last edited:

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I went on to cydia today and noticed that shsh blobs are not showing up in the upper left corner like they did before new JB, is this a problem or not?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I went on to cydia today and noticed that shsh blobs are not showing up in the upper left corner like they did before new JB, is this a problem or not?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Saurik (Jay Freeman) often turns this feature off when a new JB is released as it puts additional pressure on the servers with so many folks visiting. It is normally restored within a few weeks. This is not / does not prevent Cydia from actually saving your blobs.

:D

Most reactions

Latest posts