What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tilt lock keeps going on & off on it's own.

Langtang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night, I was browsing with safari, e-mailing with the e-mail programme and altering a spreadsheet in numbers. After that, the tilt lock kept coming on and going off automatically every 30 seconds or so. The machine also started working very slowly. When the lock was off, it would take 10-20 seconds to rotate to portrait (and visa versa) then the lock would come back on. Pressing the button seemed to take an age to go back to the home screen (sometimes the button would not work at all)

Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try doing a complete shutdown. Press the home and off button simultaneously for at least three seconds until you see the red slider. Activate it. Wait for the iPad to shut down. Then redo the same action and wait for the iPad to come back to life. This time it can take up to twenty seconds with a black apple on the display...

Last edited:
OP
L

Langtang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice ivan. I have done as you said, but I can't get it to show a black apple when it powers up (although it did take 30 seconds to power up this last time) I will now go and try and open and close some programmes and see if I can get the issue to show itself again

Thanks for now ivan.

OP
L

Langtang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I managed to get the speed issue fixed but the lock is still coming on & off of it's own accord. In all the times I powered down & up using the technique described above I never once got a BLACK apple logo. The machine did take a good 30 seconds to power up after doing the above, but never with a black logo.

Am I doing something obviously stupid?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion NO, if i were you i'll take it back to apple.

OP
L

Langtang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice j0yful. I took it and they swapped out my borked one for a new one, no questions asked. The new one is working like a dream.

Thanks again

Dave

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that's great news Dave!

Enjoy your ipad to the fullest!

Most reactions

Latest posts